March 6 -7 Noreaster Obs Thread

ChescoWx

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
1027 AM EST WED MAR 07 2018

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1015 AM     SNOW             LOWER TOWAMENSING TWP   40.82N  75.56W
03/07/2018  M0.8 INCH        CARBON             PA   TRAINED SPOTTER 

0.8 INCHES OF SNOW IN 30 MINUTES. 

12 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Yeah for them...may even be rain for us to start but no way will it stay rain with those heavy rates...

I am reading a tweet from HM about CSI and CI - conditional symmetrical stability and conditional. If I understand it correctly, those bands in snj are CI and may contain areas of  warm air 

3 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Definitely need someone on the board to verify

Vis sat image with temperature overlay.  I am not sure if the temp overlay is surface or what (am thinking it might be).  The animation is a large file so only have 9 frames but the temp lines with the warmer temps have been moving SE to NW (36 line is cutting across SE Gloucester Co) -

CODNEXLAB-GOES16-subregional-Mid_Atlantic-02-15_12Z-20180307_map-temp-9-1n-10-100.gif

35F here currently (up from 33F earlier) - in a bit of a lull with very light snow at the moment. Those bands coming up from Delaware look interesting! Had a nice burst around 8am - 9am and measured 4.5" then. The snow is very wet and heavy for shoveling - RedSky, I may not achieve the Mt. Washington size snow pile you were hoping for, lol.

Another 1.0" during the past 30 minutes here in NW Chester County snow has lightened a bit to no more than moderate - storm total snow now up to 7.5" - temp is 33.5. My elevation (685 ft asl) seems to be aiding accumulation

I think some of my trees and bushes may have some permanent damage if we get too much more - very very heavy wet snow. Expecting the heaviest snow should stay ENE of here moving forward but if some of those bands in SJ do make it back this far we might exceed a foot or more

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Damn, we're in good shape! No panicking here...a little lull then blasted!

Lull here now, sun is even trying to peek out, but staying light snow.  Good sign.  Next wave looks like the mother lode.

Archived