Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 6 -7 Noreaster Obs Thread

ChescoWx

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Agreed. 33F, at least moderate snow currently, 2.5" so far!

Amazing you have that much already. Not so sure anymore there will be a lull from 3am-7am that would induce panic, if it doesn't we are going to get white smoked.

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Amazing you have that much already. Not so sure anymore there will be a lull from 3am-7am that would induce panic, if it doesn't we are going to get white smoked.

Yeah maybe just lighter for a few hours, in that time frame. I'll volunteer for nap shift then, lol.

34 with maybe a coating less that an inch, snow has stopped here. looking at the radar I have a really uneasy feeling
Same. New 3K nam confirms our doubts. Rgem and hrrr still look decent but it's not looking too good. Barely a dusting and we are in a big lull currently...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Some type of liquid precip started here just after 10 pm and got 0.08" out of it.  Overnight accumulated almost an inch on cars, shrubs, and grass by 4:30 am and currently coming out of a brief lull with some white drizzle.  The stuff is so wet that you can stand there and watch it sloughing off the cars and there is lots of gutter dripping.  Temp is currently 33F.  Walks and streets still wet at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Plokoon111 said:

Getting up I was a bit like: that's it? But then realized its just getting started. Temperature is 33, slight breeze in Croydon Pa. A bit of flooding along the Neshaminy Creek; she isn't having all this past rain and now more snow. Its been flooding every day.

Yeah the main show should be from 9 am to 3 pm 

Snow has picked up a bit from earlier obs, from white drizzle to light snow with large flakes.  The persistence of it has been chilling colder asphalt so it is starting to stick on those colder street/lot surfaces.

The rain/snow line has progressively moved northward and is now close to the I95 corridor and it will be interesting to see if it eventually halts and doesn't move any further north and west, or retreats east back across Jersey.  Whatever that does will make a difference for those right in the immediate corridor, along its NE to SW tilt - at least for now.

Archived