Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Ummm... I am in the Hereford zone... just barely.  So I am considered a northern tier.  You don't see me asking about my backyard.  Even rookies know not to ask about their backyard in the storm mode thread.

I think it depends on who you are. Some posters get much more leeway than others to ask IMBY questions. Double standards suck, but I think they're always going to exist no matter where you go.

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

I think it depends on who you are. Some posters get much more leeway than others to ask IMBY questions. Double standards suck, but I think they're always going to exist no matter where you go.

It wasn't even a direct IMBY question? It was me literally asking those who live north what it was going to do for those of us live NORTH! I mean for ****s sakes. 

Just now, Fozz said:

Good post. I think that it just develops naturally with the veterans of any community. I’m not bothered by it, but to say it doesn’t exist is foolish.

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

This will be the last thing I say about this... But every one of your post today in the Storm Thread has been banter.

Feel free to report every single one of them if you feel they are banter. :) 

If someone agrees with you, they will be removed.  

Just now, mappy said:

It wasn't even a direct IMBY question? It was me literally asking those who live north what it was going to do for those of us live NORTH! I mean for ****s sakes. 

I mean, it kind of is IMBY since you do live north, even if a few others are in your boat. But whatever... I don't think it's a big deal. Someone who mods the threads, who makes seasonal snow maps for CWG, and who's been posting here for years will have more leeway for IMBY talk than some rando in Cumberland who never added anything. No need to get defensive :)

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

I mean, it kind of is IMBY since you do live north, even if a few others are in your boat. But whatever... I don't think it's a big deal. Someone who mods the threads, who makes seasonal snow maps for CWG, and who's been posting here for years will have more leeway for IMBY talk than some rando in Cumberland who never added anything. No need to get defensive :)

If i haven't done anything wrong, and am being called out for something, you better believe I am going to defend myself. 

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

If i haven't done anything wrong, and am being called out for something, you better believe I am going to defend myself. 

Except that in this case, wrong is 100% subjective so while it's dumb of Interstate to mention it, your reaction is wrong too :)

i.e. you shouldn't bother defending yourself because his post/thought process/complaint is meaningless/pointless

1 minute ago, Jandurin said:

Except that in this case, wrong is 100% subjective so while it's dumb of Interstate to mention it, your reaction is wrong too :)

i.e. you shouldn't bother defending yourself because his post/thought process/complaint is meaningless/pointless

That is one's opinion.  But I bet there are a few in here, that really don't like the double standards.

2 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

I don’t think someone’s complaint should be deemed meaningless. He was bothered by it obviously. He wasn’t disrespectful or out of line, so to be met with such grand resistance is somewhat comical.

7 minutes ago, Interstate said:

This will be the last thing I say about this... But every one of your post today in the Storm Thread has been banter.

And you call her out because why?

Of all the ****ing posts you focus on its that.  No, here's what it is.  There are people posting all the damn time that make useless posts.  Mods do what they can and some stay and others go but they don't offer any damn value.

I'm tired of armchair posters like yourself who were part of the problem of posting banter in threads back earlier this winter now bitching about how things are done.  

Enough.  This is the last thing I'll say on this matter.  mappy adds value and contributes more than you. She tries to help out with how this place runs and this is what she gets.  You don't like things and how this are handled?  Here's a hint.  Log off, don't come back and let the rest of us try to make things work as best we can.

That's the whole thing here. It's all opinion. Subjective. I may agree with you, or her, or whatever but whining about it isn't really going to do anything but ruffle feathers for no reason than because you want to be heard or something?

I mean even if mappy's posts were banter, they weren't the only banter. I know because I had banter that probably wasn't removed.

You're applying double standards to MAPPY bc you see her as a mod or whatever so think she shouldn't even be allowed to ask a question that you think doesn't fit the guidelines of the storm mode thread thing.

Just now, Jandurin said:

That's the whole thing here. It's all opinion. Subjective. I may agree with you, or her, or whatever but whining about it isn't really going to do anything but ruffle feathers for no reason than because you want to be heard or something?

I mean even if mappy's posts were banter, they weren't the only banter. I know because I had banter that probably wasn't removed.

You're applying double standards to MAPPY bc you see her as a mod or whatever so think she shouldn't even be allowed to ask a question that you think doesn't fit the guidelines of the storm mode thread thing.

Don’t you think those with power/authority should be held to higher standards?

Ok everybody.  Breathe.

Mappy is human.  She volunteers for this thankless job and I'm glad she does.   Her judgement (and mine and every single other moderator) won't be perfect all the time, but she does a damn good job.   Now that H20 guy is a ****.     If you have a complaint, talk to me and I'll address it.   

Relax and let's move on and enjoy the HECS we're about to receive.   20"-35" or bust. 

Just now, H2O said:

And you call her out because why?

Of all the ****ing posts you focus on its that.  No, here's what it is.  There are people posting all the damn time that make useless posts.  Mods do what they can and some stay and others go but they don't offer any damn value.

I'm tired of armchair posters like yourself who were part of the problem of posting banter in threads back earlier this winter now bitching about how things are done.  

Enough.  This is the last thing I'll say on this matter.  mappy adds value and contributes more than you. She tries to help out with how this place runs and this is what she gets.  You don't like things and how this are handled?  Here's a hint.  Log off, don't come back and let the rest of us try to make things work as best we can.

Yes I was posting more banter in the discussion thread back then when I shouldn't have.  I read Bob's PSA and have clean up my posting when we are in Storm Mode.

Just now, T. August said:

Don’t you think those with power/authority should be held to higher standards?

Not trying to pick a fight with you but we technically aren't in a position of authority.  We are limited in what we can do and we can't take any action beyond hiding posts.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived