Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

4 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

The ridge out west is more impressive than with previous events so it would be kind of ironic if this is the one to miss. But of course that is just one factor.

The one thing really arguing for a better trend is that as the shortwave is diving down, the ridge is in the process of amplifying rather than de-amplifying. When we see that positive rate of range in the ridge, that's where model guidance can sometimes underestimate the rate of trough deepening. It's often why we like to see the PNA rising rather than falling during a bigger ticket threat.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, dendrite said:

As much as I don't want it, this one is coming. There's a few potent s/w's in there though. The more that lead northern s/w digs the more the system should hug. Right now it's more of a kick than a slingshot.

Wow this caught my attention more than anything this year, seriously that is how much I respect Brian's abilities. 

Just now, dryslot said:

12z Nam being the nam at the end of its run but it didn't look that bad at H5

That trough to the N could screw the pooch.  If that either deamplifies or swings through faster and the southern showtwave digs further S or comes in a bit slower, than we'd be looking pretty good.

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That trough to the N could screw the pooch.  If that either deamplifies or swings through faster and the southern showtwave digs further S or comes in a bit slower, than we'd be looking pretty good.

The 06z run it was already past bermuda...lol

Just now, dryslot said:

The 06z run it was already past bermuda...lol

You must be talking about the surface reflection?  I was strictly speaking of the 500mb evolution.  Looked better that the 06z run for sure but still could have been shunted post 84h with that trough in Ontario.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You must be talking about the surface reflection?  I was strictly speaking of the 500mb evolution.  Looked better that the 06z run for sure but still could have been shunted post 84h with that trough in Ontario.

I look at both, But the differences @H5 on the 06z run and 12z run were glaring.

10 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

The Canadian ensembles are super excited for it. Maybe a little too excited.

Calm down, Canada.

gem-ememb_lowlocs_us_18.png

gem-ememb_lowlocs_us_19.png

I want to see the GEFS and the EPS have some lows over PF or into NY, That's when you will know there is a good chance of this one coming up the coast.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I want to see the GEFS and the EPS have some lows over PF or into NY, That's when you will know there is a good chance of this one coming up the coast.

The GEPS are at least more reliable than the operational. That's not saying much though.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

The GEPS are at least more reliable than the operational. That's not saying much though.

Yeah somewhat, But my point is, We want to see some far west members overland on the GEFS and EPS, Not just in the Atlantic right now, We can tighten the cluster when we get in closer.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

A lot of that is because this would be 3 in a row(Nor'Easters that is) to hit New England in a week in a half.....I think that's why this is getting a lot of attention.

Also with regards to the Euro and GFS....which model solution right now fits the pattern/set up best??  It's a pretty decent set up for a system of significance...so one could see why the GFS(at least up to 0z)could make sense.   Maybe that's why DT tossed the Euro at this stage/point.  GFS sniffed this last one out first..then the Euro jumped on board and eventually schooled it close in when the GFS as it always does, craps on itself.

Wow, DT tossing the Euro is a giant red flag. I just wish we could've had this pattern in early February with fresh cold. Could've been Feb '15 quality, assuming this next one plays out to its full potential of course.

Archived