Newest Member
    joxey
The Revs quick Flip Frozen Freakshow

Ginx snewx

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's rinkydink overrunning. I've been telling my mom for days she may see some snow. idk...it just wasn't a big deal to me considering we're in Feb.

Yesterday's shattering heat records was definitely a big deal and fun to witness/track for some odd reason.  

Need an April 2000 type system where it was 75F in ALB then a foot of snow within 18 hours.  

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's rinkydink overrunning. I've been telling my mom for days she may see some snow. idk...it just wasn't a big deal to me considering we're in Feb.

I would love to see any past records of near 80 to snow in 18 hrs in Feb, dont give  acrap about amounts just the air mass change. Sorry you are not happy today, everything OK?

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, the frozen precip aspect is garbage...as threats go, it wasn't worth any mind imo.

Just notable in that it came on the heels of such warmth.

some might disagree but its not a 8-24" I understand where you stand on weather. Go big or go home but thats cool. I am more into vagaries.

1 minute ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Good job, Ginxy!  I'll give ya props.  Meteorology instead of modelology

really not looking for props just happy things evolved the way they did coming East more. Unique event that is all. I tried to find a comparison in Feb but came up very short. Some post frontal stuff but nothing this drastic.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I would love to see any past records of near 80 to snow in 18 hrs in Feb, dont give  acrap about amounts just the air mass change. Sorry you are not happy today, everything OK?

All virga so far so I'm really happy. Hopefully we keep it under 1" this afternoon and melt it away the following 48hrs.

I guess it's kinda cool, but I never put a lot of thought into the "wow" factor of record heat to a fropa and then a quick overrunning wave behind it. It's Feb so the sfc thermal gradients are still there. It didn't feel like an overly impressive fropa overnight at least up my way, but I did see some 35kt gusts with it further south.

It may as well have been a cutter with 57/57 rain with some backside CAA. The difference is we had sun and great mixing to go along with the torched column.

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Now let's get Sunday to work-out like-wise. That's worth a double-atta boy! 

Still on the NNE train for Sunday myself. Don't think we get anything in SNE...maybe a brief burst of snow/sleet on the frond end before it flips to a miserable 33F rain...we will def be CAD'd at the surface during that event but the antecedent airmass is mostly garbage. Otherwise we'd prob be talking a solid 4-6er on the front end south of NNE. 

Archived