Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-2 Anafront wave disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do you think a westerly wind component helps me out more than say E? I thought my southern extent of ORH hills sort of had an ENE facing 

You do well on SW wind...its nothing but CT Valley to your SW...the wind will start to shift WNW and eventually NW. But you may be helped out by SW wind early on during the marginal temps.

You are on the western side of the hill chain there...the east side is more up toward Union over to Woodstock and down to Ashford....and even then, once you cross the Quinebog river near Putnum, the true eastern hills are like from like Foster, RI up to Douglas and Sutton in S ORH county. Union is so high that those hills don't hurt them...they just get smoked on anything from the east.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You do well on SW wind...its nothing but CT Valley to your SW...the wind will start to shift WNW and eventually NW. But you may be helped out by SW wind early on during the marginal temps.

You are on the western side of the hill chain there...the east side is more up toward Union over to Woodstock and down to Ashford....and even then, once you cross the Quinebog river near Putnum, the true eastern hills are like from like Foster, RI up to Douglas and Sutton in S ORH county. Union is so high that those hills don't hurt them...they just get smoked on anything from the east.

Doing well on SW winds is generally bad . A warming wind direction generally . Hopefully this all paste until the last hour or sonething 

I dunno ..the title of this thread says "ana" in it... but, that's a pretty potent WINDEX signal there in the NAM for Logan.  Just using the FRH grid...which the WINDEX checklist was formulated originally using the now long defunct NGM ..  but the LI jump with heavy RH1 moisture, and a lapse rate in the llv exceeding 9C is impressive.  NAM pumps out .3" there too -

50 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

725 in Sterling CT is as high as its neighbor Foster. Agree great weenie spots

12 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Flakes in the air! Hallelujah!  I know everyone thinks we all live on Moose Fart Mt. up here but its been what seems like forever since we have had snow in my hood.  The ice on my front lawn is as thick and clear as any pond.  Need something to cover it up.

Yeah I always feel bad for you and some other N VT peeps when powderfreak is posting 200 pics of 18" of upslope moose fart snow and talking about what a great winter it is up there and meanwhile you and klw are looking at crusty patches of snow while Scooter is complaining about the upcoming pattern after getting multiple warning events....ya'lls heads explode after that.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Those HREX are awful. They were giving 3-4” to the Berks last night. Toss that stuff . But I do like that it pained you 

It's the HREF... and they're actually pretty good. It's the high res NAM and other WRF based guidance. 

It's been snowing pretty good up in Berkshire County this morning.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Elevation will be needed for sure, but could be a large area getting 1-2 with maybe 3 is some spots. Maybe more you up through Hunchie etc.

Early on, there could def a be a paste job in the elevations. Lower down may have to waste a few hours before it cools.

Archived