Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2018 Model thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

This is  what I'm talking about , when I click on GFS , Cebile 07s,,,and the others pop up under it ?

Screenshot_2018-01-31-14-35-34.png

I think you are looking at the GFS under the "Hurricane" tab. So it is showing you active storms and invests in the south pacific. Instead click the 'global' tab and use the GFS from there

5a721f9a2fa49_tropicaltid.thumb.PNG.bd105746e5fc92048d4fe85e8c0b9779.PNG

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I have a sinking feeling this will be a mostly rain event for most if not all of the sub forum. 

It may end up being a non event to be honest.  The GFS is the most amped by far and the Euro which has had over amplification problems in the 4-5 day range was way flatter and more than it was on its 00Z run.  This could be another seasonal trender to a much weaker system 

6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It may end up being a non event to be honest.  The GFS is the most amped by far and the Euro which has had over amplification problems in the 4-5 day range was way flatter and more than it was on its 00Z run.  This could be another seasonal trender to a much weaker system 

Thanks. I just hope we score something large while the pattern is ok. Do the long range models keep the pattern going or break it down?

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Thanks. I just hope we score something large while the pattern is ok. Do the long range models keep the pattern going or break it down?

EPS today breaks it down and has a blow torch most of the country at Day 15.  I don’t know whether to buy it or not given it would strongly contradict the MJO phase. 

47 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

That’s wrong information. The Canadian is the most amped and coldest. I think the cmc depiction only gets stronger and it verifies

i95 special!

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Also someone said earlier the ukie wasn’t really a storm, it drops .5 to 1.0" LE especially for interior, looks a lot like most other guidance it’s more of a frontal wave..not a strong coastal 

I couldn’t see it since meteocentre site died.  Sounds like it didn’t change much 

5 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

yea it looks like **** on an MSLP map, i have the 6 hr precip and total precip maps, pretty robust for such a weak LP, strong wave tho, no idea if its rain or snow, or where tho lol

It’s been pretty good the last couple of events.  It actually was the most promising tomorrow night top aside from the SREFs 

Archived