Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2018 Model thread

WeatherFeen2000

Just now, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

from what ive seen posted it runs the full set 120hr on 06/18z but i could be wrong, if anyone could find information otherwise to confirm is actual run time that would be great, cause i cant find any official confirmations that it runs to 84 either

I am fairly certain that the off runs (06z and 18z) only go out to 84hrs to match the NAM.

Even if it did go out to 120hrs, you still posted hr 126 which would obviously be beyond its current capabilities. That link you posted automatically switches over to the latest run of the GGEM once beyond the threshold of the RGEM. 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I am fairly certain that the off runs (06z and 18z) only go out to 84hrs to match the NAM.

Even if it did go out to 120hrs, you still posted hr 126 which would obviously be beyond its current capabilities. That link you posted automatically switches over to the latest run of the GGEM once beyond the threshold of the RGEM. 

its a 6 hour lag push, on all frames...hour 120...is labeled 126...

8 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Billy or anyone else whats the difference in these GFS runs ,,,,I went on tropical tidbits and under GFS there are 3 runs 90p, 95p, 96p,,,also Cebile and Fehi ? Same model with different variables in them or  can u explain it to US ? 

I have no idea what ur talking about lol...picture?

The 12z GFS is actually a mostly snow event for places like West Milford, Vernon, Port Jervis and Warwick and probably a snow to rain to snow event for places like NW Bergen, Northern Morris, Western Passaic and Rockland once NW of say the 287/Palisades Parkway interchange. 

2 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

CMC looks real nice for NYC metro . Similar LP track to GFS, but colder.

I find it hard to believe that you're going to be all snow in NYC when the 850mb low is over Cape May and winds are directly off the ocean, but I guess it's possible. My guess is that the coast would see quite a bit of sleet if this track verified. 

gem_mslp_uv850_neus_20.png

Just now, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

The key to the gfs coming in more amplified was getting the southern feature (1) out ahead of our norther piece,(2)  captures it in the flow, as it rounds the trough base, and back flows the energy as it swings negative 

n706tz.jpg

The GFS is probably right about the northern low ahead of the storm scouring the high and cold air out.  It’s probably wrong in some aspect though about the storm itself given it’s a southern stream wave.  The GFS virtually never handles those correctly at this range 

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

The GFS is probably right about the northern low ahead of the storm scouring the high and cold air out.  It’s probably wrong in some aspect though about the storm itself given it’s a southern stream wave.  The GFS virtually never handles those correctly at this range 

We’ve also seen models are pure sheet in nailing multi wave interactions 

Archived