Newest Member
    Dano62
January Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17 this am.

Observed the blue/blood/super moon about 6:30-7:00 but no eclipsing visible here. Light overcast covering the moon by the time I reached work.

My Davis Vue console brought up both the blue moon and the lunar eclipse.

Granddaughter in east TX was planning to be up for the moon view. From what I read, it should be just visible there.

Nice chilly 14.9 here this am earlier when I attempted to watch the lunar event through the cloud cover that was not forecasted....surprise. The bigger surprise is the sun out now that moon has set...not. Anyway, headed out, gonna go walk/hike in the snow up on Bear Loop again and enjoy it while we have it.

Currently 18.3/15.2 here at 8:30.

Don't know where to post this since the Friday event is now in short range, but SREF is interesting. Probably some bullish totals, but I guess it's the only game in town in the medium range for now

I know the tweet is not directed at DC, but I just wanted to post this here. Interesting. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Numbers for the month of Jan for my location

Total precip for the month was 2.66 inches, a -0.15 from normal of 2.77 inches. Largest one day total was 0.93 inches on 13th. 1.82 of the 2.66 fell on the 12th and 13th. 10 days with measurable, 7 days with a T and 14 dry days. 1.0 inches of snow fell during the month, all on 17th and 18th, vs a normal of 7.0 inches, a -6.0 of normal. Largest snowfall was 0.7 on 17th.  

Average high was 39.1 degrees, vs a normal of 42.5 degrees, a -3.4 below average. Highest temp was 63.6 degrees on 13th. Average low was 18.2 degrees, vs a normal of 21.8 degrees, a -3.6 below average. Lowest temp was -2.8 degrees on 7th. Averaged temp for the month was 28.7 degrees, a -3.4 below the normal of 32.1 degrees. 

Highest wind for the month was 46 mph reached on the 5th. 9 new records for the month, new record 'low max's' occurred on 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 15th. New record low temps occurred on 2nd, 3rd and 4th of month.

Archived