• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

January Banter String

2 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

Mine weren't impacted - but I wasn't put to sleep for my wisdom teeth removal.  I did end up eventually having to use tampons to staunch blood flow as the amount of cotton provided was insufficient to the task at hand.

Also I was only given Tylenol 3 for pain :(

But the doc was right as I didn't even need as much of that as they gave me.

yeah, the two that had erupted through my gums weren't bad at all. very minimal swelling and it was easy to eat on that side of my mouth within a day or two. the side of my face where the two were impacted was awful. the whole side of my face swelled up pretty badly, and bruised. one of the impacts was sideways, so they had to come in from the side of my gum, not straight down. healing on that side took a long while. 

Ouch - and weird how opiates have such different effects on people.  I don't get nauseous at all but 1 single hydrocodone for wife (which we learned after her wisdom teeth removal), and she gets super sick.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

My wisdom teeth are the only four teeth I've got that came in straight. Picket fences for the win.

similar to my husband. all four of his came in perfect. bastard. 

I'm looking into the smile direct club (similar to invisalign, but much cheaper) now that mine are out. because two had come in, they caused frontal crowding, but i had to get the wisdom teeth removed first before i could do any corrective dental work. 

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My wisdom teeth are the only four teeth I've got that came in straight. Picket fences for the win.

Are you saying your tongue is in jail?

Ugh, I had the wisdom teeth out this summer. Knocked me out and I stumbled through Day 1. Apparently I started an Instagram Live stream in my stupor. Friends had a good laugh. Pain wasn't that bad, just an annoying experience overall. Knocked me out for 2 days. 

i doubt you will get them out the same day of a consult. because you will be given drugs to put you in a twilight, you need to fast ahead of the removal procedure. 
I had two that were in sideways, that was fun. still have a small hole in my gum where one was pulled. the procedure, for me, wasn't bad. gave me some medicine that put me to sleep and it was over. hydrocodene for the pain afterwards that i only took at night after day 1. ice helps the first couple days, then it really doesn't do much. i lived off motrin and soft foods for a week. motrin for a while longer after that while i slowly ate more solid foods. 

I’m actually in luck with fasting and water intake. I haven’t eaten in 15 hours and drank anything in 8 hours so they could extract immediately. They asked me already and said it’s possible I could get it done since I already took the precautionary steps. Getting X Rays soon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I’m actually in luck with fasting and water intake. I haven’t eaten in 15 hours and drank anything in 8 hours so they could extract immediately. They asked me already and said it’s possible I could get it done since I already took the precautionary steps. Getting X Rays soon.

Good luck and don't forget to tell them to save your teeth!  They make great soup.

By the way, a shutdown is a great sign for a rocking end of winter. 13-14 and 95-96 become top analogs. Better prep those shovels and snowblowers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mappy said:

similar to my husband. all four of his came in perfect. bastard. 

I'm looking into the smile direct club (similar to invisalign, but much cheaper) now that mine are out. because two had come in, they caused frontal crowding, but i had to get the wisdom teeth removed first before i could do any corrective dental work. 

Clear Correct is awesome. I think it was only 2k for unlimited treatment. As in whatever it takes to get perfect teeth.

• Like 1

Good luck, @MillvilleWx!

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I got really lucky in general regarding my teeth. In fact, all three of my siblings did, too.

My wisdom teeth all came in by the time I was 14. No issues except for swollen gums and some bleeding while they were coming in. They crowded my other teeth just a bit, but I had plenty of room to allow them to come in. Never had braces or a retainer, either. My teeth aren't perfect, but they're looking pretty good for never having had anything done to them, if I do say so myself! :lol:

• Like 1

got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out locally.  didn't hurt, but felt very weird as they yank 'em.  i also ate way too much candy as a kid and didn't floss as much as i should have.  paying for it as i get older, and now i floss on the daily.  wish we had alligator teeth.  

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Well, I was right. My bottom left wisdom tooth is impacted, but there’s a rough infection I have to treat first, which is the main reason pain has been so bad. Once I treat the infection with antibiotics and prescription mouth wash, I’ll have all my remaining wisdom teeth extracted and a minor bone graf and addition to fill a likely hole after removal of bottom left tooth. At least it’ll get fixed. I typically have a decent pain tolerance, but man, this is pushing it.

28 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I swear, I feel like I need a Rosetta Stone when I read yours and StormChaser's (or whatever he calls himself this week) posts.

Don't worry, If they do start making sense to you then it's time to worry. 

14 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Yeah...kind of like translating "Shaka, when the walls fell" (for any "Star Trek:  Next Generation" fans out there!) :D

+1

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Well, I was right. My bottom left wisdom tooth is impacted, but there’s a rough infection I have to treat first, which is the main reason pain has been so bad. Once I treat the infection with antibiotics and prescription mouth wash, I’ll have all my remaining wisdom teeth extracted and a minor bone graf and addition to fill a likely hole after removal of bottom left tooth. At least it’ll get fixed. I typically have a decent pain tolerance, but man, this is pushing it.

Ouch.  That sucks.  Hope the antibiotics kick in and you're feeling better fast.

• Like 1

Yikes. No wonder you were in pain. Hopefully the meds will get you fixed up quick so you can get them out of there. Feel better!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Been there do that. I had 2 go bad at the same time. Hurt so bad it made me dizzy. The antibiotics take about 3 days to start working. I took Advil like a junkie. Once you get them out make sure you follow the directions. You don't want dry sockets. 

• Like 1

Another birthday today so celebrating with a visit to the local bar that just put Dogfish 120 on tap, then a walk home to share a Bourbon County Stout with a neighbor friend.

Good birthday evening, and plans for a big tomorrow had included a trip to Cambridge and a visit to RAR, but just learned that Max’s on Broadway has a big RAR release tomorrow. So it seems Cambridge is coming to me!

• Like 8