Newest Member
    joxey
January 2018 Model Discussion Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Even New England outside the immediate coast doesn't do well.

Ocean City, MD does much better than the outer Cape even. Crazy run. I assume the western double barrel low hangs on to cash the Mid Atlantic coast in and then it crashes to the far out at sea low? 

Ocean City, MD does much better than the outer Cape even. Crazy run. I assume the western double barrel low hangs on to cash the Mid Atlantic coast in and then it crashes to the far out at sea low? 
The arctic wave acts as a kicker so everything gets slammed east.

That being said, someone showed the Australian model. Here it is..

7d4cb2d85ff5b8f6c0b1cf6c205e7bd8.jpg

Just to give a heads up.. cause I wasn’t even sure, asked a popular met on Twitter.. RGEM does NOT go out past 48... once the 49th hour hits... it reverts and finishes the run as the GGEM... 

if u watch carefully when looking at 18z for example.. the actual panel label will revert 12z at hr 49 cause it’s using the GGEMto finish 

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The mean low position develops closer in near the SE Coast and tracks just a few miles east of the BM.  The key to this whole forecast is getting the initial storm formation closer to the 540 thickness line along the SE Coast. 

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/model-guidance-model-parameter.php?group=Model Guidance&model=SREF&area=NAMER&ps=area#

sref_namer_063_mslp.thumb.gif.0aacbfec6b71b46e5a425848a11ed053.gif

sref_namer_081_mslp.thumb.gif.ff2bddf18342952b5ba4aec370eab96e.gif

Some members are tucked in pretty close to the coast

7 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Nam should be west and stronger, PNA ridge much better, and stronger waves I. General, also holding back energy nicely

edit: wavelength also shortening, wouldn’t be surprised to see faster phase here

Not good that the phase would be faster. Per NWS discussion we want a later phase.

Archived