Newest Member
    joxey
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

EPS control says DC to Philly get screwed and NY and Boston score big. I'd take this, since snow is better than no snow

5a44017e133f5_eps_snow_c_ma_41(1).thumb.png.3acab92df560c9c6ee88e4772ddc4918.png

Canadian has, funnily enough, been the most consistent with the storm. It strengthens it very early, resulting in a MECS. Best case scenario, basically. I wouldn't put much stock in it, since it's the Canadian

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_29.thumb.png.7e5b2ad4411cacb82f7b85a599519ffd.png

Surface low pretty far east on the Canadian for my liking.

2 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Looks good to me for you guys.....

image.thumb.png.b8020c05227ef0b4ca82ff2f5d564808.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=20fe2b78d4e66dffimageproxy.php?img=&key=20fe2b78d4e66dffimageproxy.php?img=&key=20fe2b78d4e66dff

Canadian is basically best case scenario currently. Could go any way, But the closest to optimistic/realistic would be 2-4" from the back edge with high ratios. Realistically, I don't know. Still a week out, but it's good some of the EPS members are snowier and show a storm signal

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

Canadian is basically best case scenario currently. Could go any way, But the closest to optimistic/realistic would be 2-4" from the back edge with high ratios. Realistically, I don't know. Still a week out, but it's good some of the EPS members are snowier and show a storm signal

I just hope the storm is still there at all by the 00z model suite....lol

1 minute ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

The NAM at 84hr looks really good. There is nothing holding the blocks to the north, this is a pattern that usually trends NW with storm. 

Well, the NW trend seems to be the bias this year, as seen with Dec 8-9. Similar with March 13-14 and Jan 6-7 of last year. Could happen, but I wouldn't count on it 

23 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

GEPS has decent signal for storm on the 3rd

5a4418e4374f3_gem-ens_apcpn24_us_26(1).thumb.png.d1888bbbda169c74a2476a1446609132.png

Euro has the storm too far east for 2 runs,  Gfs has the storm at least 4x in a row too far east,  eps has the storm too far east, gefs has the solid precip off the coast too far east......tell me when to stop!   

We're going to have to wait a couple weeks for something else, it seems, unless the Saturday threat works out. Apparently, the angle of the cold really is all wrong for us. :(

Just now, mitchnick said:

Euro has the storm too far east for 2 runs,  Gfs has the storm at least 4x in a row too far east,  eps has the storm too far east, gefs has the solid precip off the coast too far east......tell me when to stop!   

We're going to have to wait a couple weeks for something it seems unless the Saturday threat works out. Apparently, the angle of the cold teally is all wrong for us. :(

Very true. It's Canadian vs the world right now. Still, we're at the point where the storm could shift 250 miles either way, so I'm not gonna call the threat off until this weekend or Monday. Another reason to focus on Saturday threat, since it's much closer and more certain than something 1 week out 

7 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Oh Canada! Canadian looks great to me, but agree with other posters that the low is too far east for us. That's a better track for the northern folks. We like a low tucked in off of OC as someone else mentioned because we are farther west than other big cities to our north.

It's a double barrel low structure. The upper level trough to the west is pulling on the system. It resolves this by forming a second low center that is tucked in and becomes the focus of the system. That's why the precip well inland. The gfs and euro don't do that they simply track the more ots low due north into New England. The ggem is hella complicated and not a stable progression to bank on from range but there is a reason it shows what it does from a snow perspective. 

Woah! Bigger GEFS signal for sure for next week's event. 

gfs-ens_apcpn24_us_35.thumb.png.1839cb2247535dfca414813d2f93c926.png

Basically caved with the GEPS. I think this may be just the GEFS being wonky, but the GEFS being wetter for next week as a whole is a welcome sight. 

Also, GEFS has less strong signal for the warm up. Looks 50/50. Same with EPS. 

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

Woah! Bigger GEFS signal for sure for next week's event. 

gfs-ens_apcpn24_us_35.thumb.png.1839cb2247535dfca414813d2f93c926.png

Basically caved with the GEPS. I think this may be just the GEFS being wonky, but the GEFS being wetter for next week as a whole is a welcome sight. 

Also, GEFS has less strong signal for the warm up. Looks 50/50. Same with EPS. 

Through day 10. Big jump in precip. Night and day compared to 12z

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived