Newest Member
    joxey
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

It hasn’t been performing too well at all this fall and winter. A lot of swings from run to run. I think there has been quite a bit of tweaking and adjusting going on which has affected performance. 

This isn't correct.    The last GEFS upgrade was in December 2015.   It has been underdispersive for many years.

53 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

When was the last big (widespread 10"+) event that was north on the guidance 4-7 days out and trended south to crush us. Honest question. I'm trying to think of all the big ones and every one seems to have been either a hit or south at that range.  I can't think of a single one that was supposed to be a snow north of us and became a mecs  or HECS for us. 

ETA:  I can think of a few SECS level events that shifted south inside a few days. March 2014 being one example. But no big ones. 

Yes. March 2014 I thought I was gold and you guys stole every last flake.  

Im over it ;)  

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro is shred factory through d7. Still setting up for something but getting pushed back in time. No a good run imho. No shortwaves stand a chance for a while after Christmas with that sort of upper level look

We were worried about rain. How often does the Euro come North ? A bit dissapointed here,  not in the solution, but more so the general trends today across all modeling. We have to produce in this window IMHO.  

Regardless of the "new" solution on the euro. Each shortwave will have a chance to do something. The shred factory is certainly possible but who knows how each sw plays out. First one midweek will probably fall victim to the squash hammer. Beyond that is tune in every 6 hours and get your fill of options. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived