Newest Member
    joxey
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

54 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Welp, gfs looks more in line with other guidance with the shortwave now. Definitely a plus and a relief if nothing else

I don't know what the final result will be, and even if all the models showed the same thing they can all be wrong from this range easily. But when all other guidance has a shortwave there and the gfs simply doesn't have it at all...I'm fairly confident it's just missing something. It's not likely that all other guidance would conjure up a non existent vort and manage to all make that same mistake. It could fail for many other reasons, not all the EPS were hits, but that's not it. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I don't know what the final result will be, and even if all the models showed the same thing they can all be wrong from this range easily. But when all other guidance has a shortwave there and the gfs simply doesn't have it at all...I'm fairly confident it's just missing something. It's not likely that all other guidance would conjure up a non existent vort and manage to all make that same mistake. It could fail for many other reasons, not all the EPS were hits, but that's not it. 

Glad my untrained weather thinking is on the same page with yours on this one...Even to me that didn't seem right that all the other models would just hallucinate, lol

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived