Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's staying up to see the Euro show 3-4' of snow?

In all seriousness, these next 6 days are gonna suck. Back and forth (unless the models really catch on to this D9 and keep it), and if we get no snow, it'll hurt a ton, especially realizing that last year sucked. I'm still excited, but also cautious. Thinks go back and forth, and this far out, it could easily fail. With that said, I like how the Canadian, GEPS, GFS, GEFS, And EPS have strong signals towards the storm. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Pretty big hit on the euro. Good round of snow before mix. Gold cad leading in but waa wins. Primary into wv. This is a wnwxluvr special solution. He loves these. 

As far as we know what CAD does, it would probably still overperform if this scenario were to occur. 4-6" event and then ice storm would be pretty awesome too. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Pretty big hit on the euro. Good round of snow before mix. Gold cad leading in but waa wins. Primary into wv. This is a wnwxluvr special solution. He loves these. 

We can still do pretty well even if primary crashes into WV... esp if there is a decent transfer

Just now, Bob Chill said:

50/50 low is a little to far north but it doesn't budge from 168-216.  Good news further north.

High pressure then gradually builds from the west on the 24th, but
the Euro shows a low forming along the front over the Carolinas
potentially bringing light precip to the area on Christmas Eve with
rain east and some snow ovr the mtns. QPF does look light while GEFS
show no precip. Turning sharply colder on Christmas Day with the
latest Euro trending faster similar to the GFS with the arrival of
the Arctic air. Cold and dry from Christmas Day into the middle of
next week as Arctic high pressure builds in from the northwest.

2 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Great if you like fantasy storms.  Has a 987 of the coast of NC and a 963 on Long Island... all snow

I do like fantasy storms but I didn’t like what he did on the 28th.  I prefer the overrunning with the broad trough of the north kind of situation

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived