Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

see, I guess that's my problem with the ensembles....an inch and a half is not a strong signal to me at all

It's probably just that not all members show initial cold or don't show the cold air winning. Also why it shows 3-4" of snow in New England

5a3abec62c4e5_eps_tsnow_24m_ma_41(1).thumb.png.b9439736dc9062a9af537b5e80dc283f.png

Also, that's just 24 hours. It adds 3.5" to the snowfall mean for DC

eps_tsnow_m_washdc_34.thumb.png.7b7c53210d8ca9863fb4c0169bafd145.png

To

eps_tsnow_m_washdc_42.thumb.png.37983a6c3464c000726dca0a5551dd93.png

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

This is a pretty panel for MA snowstorms. Blocking, confluence, 50/50. This is how we score and the NE is left out. Only 9 days to go 10! Less than 10 days!

eps_z500a_nh_204.png

Wow that’s hawt. Maybe not quite KU hawt, but definitely SECSy or MECSy.

2 minutes ago, Amped said:

Look at the pattern, not the maps 8 days out.  Models will botch the snowfall somewhere 24hrs out we don't need day 7-10 maps.

Agreed. One of the worst things to be put out for weather models are snow maps. I wish we could turn the clock back a few years to when they didn't exist. To make it even worse than it already is....the algorithms on some (wxbell in particular) are flawed and dumb. 

Decent pattern, will need to be watched.  The highs are a little far north but not too bad.

The improvement over yesterday is less troffing in the southwest.    A flat flow is kind of like a seesaw and any troff that digs across the southwest can pump up the southeast ridge.  There's only so much of it the 50/50 low can stop.

Another way to view the ensembles.  This is just for DC, but it gives you a sense of the spread in timing that's still on the table past the 25th.  It's a pattern with good potential, but also a lot of chances for rain.  Of course areas north and west would do better with snow.

71whdRs.png

mbwExjX.png

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived