Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 9th snow

Tom

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shemATC said:

We were looking good for 4-5" after the last few models (3-6" general area) until this most recent GFS run, which knocked qpf back down and possibly back in the 3" range.  We always end up in some sort of screw zone, so anything over 2" is bonus I'm guessing.

Okay, I haven't been following but it seems like the further east you are the better.  And in our case we are

As far as timing, when is this supposed to move out? 

I have to head to a Christmas Party in South Philly around 4 - BSL then a long walk from Broad to 3rd. Wondering if I’ll be frolicking in still falling snow or just trudging through the whole of the accumulation.

You'll be trudging for sure at that time

15 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Is Lucy about to pull the ball back at the last minute???

Don't even say it, don't even 

You know what's funny GFS cut back everybody but NYC

What Lucy just did was yank the football and let Charlie just get a piece of it, the kick was flubbed and he fell on his butt.

Ralph should be popping in telling us not to look at model runs this late in the game lol

32 minutes ago, Bliz299 said:

At midnight, Friday, very light snow falling, 33F, 2.4" on the snow board, liquid precip. .28". Street in front of my house clear. Since the snow started just after 3pm the wind has been mostly calm.

Just drove back to cape May from philly. Nothing until mile 20 on GSP and then steady snow from there south.  Our car read 32 most of the way but dipped to 30 just south of CMCH until the west cape May bridge. It read 31 at my house. The bridge had slush and snow in spite of salting operations. Trees and bushes starting to bend from weight of snow. 

Don't even say it, don't even 

You know what's funny GFS cut back everybody but NYC

What Lucy just did was yank the football and let Charlie just get a piece of it, the kick was flubbed and he fell on his butt.

Ralph should be popping in telling us not to look at model runs this late in the game lol

2-5" extreme SE PA

Radar looks like garbage right now. In no way am i calling the "B" word yet, but things better start to blossom soon.

Pretty common stuff on modeling past 24 hours with these types of training wave riding front systems.....models get all juiced up at 24 hours then gradually back down as the waves approach.....dry air, subsidence, and convection offshore usually the culprits. Kudos to NWS for not falling victim and issuing WSW which is why I asked yesterday. We should still fall in the 2-5" range across extreme SE PA with lower end being the rule and higher end being the exception. This isnt a "B"....it was never expected to be a SECS quite honestly tho there was certainly the potential for a bigger upside. Let's see what happens today. In any event the first flakes of the early season are upon us during the holiday season. We take and enjoy, nothing to be disappointed about here.

When I was turning in last night I took a peek at the radar loop. First thought that came to me is exactly what I see out my window, as well on the current radar loop. Heck a 1-3 or 2-4 works. If we can hold on to that......

Kudos MT Holly! You guys should play poker

Edit: one last note....

This is what happens when you name a winter storm Benji. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Judging by animated nexrad base, precip starting to fill in from SW to NE. Looks like the best fronto banding is *possibly* trying to setup around or just NW of Quakertown SW thru just NW of Pottstown and extending back thru Gap and Quarryville. We'll see if that banding continues to build and setup along there or not over next hour or so.

One  of my concerns yesterday was how far south it was snowing. I'd be curious to see how many times we got snow from the same system that brought snow to Atlanta. It seems those system tend to stay suppressed. Our snow comes from their rain. Anyway, it's still early, we'll see how the rest of the day plays out.

Just overcast here, 32F.

Archived