Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12Z Model Thread 12/22

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again...let's all bow down to King Euro.....As I've been saying all along..I've learned the hard way that until prooven differently, trust the euro. At 00z, with a better sampaling of the energy I would expect a solution very similar to whatever today's 12z euro shows. Hopefully the euro maintains its excellent continuity. :snowman::thumbsup:

THis is all I needed to see. Don't care that its not there..just the fact that it trended significantly toward the Euro. Can't wait for the ensembles

exactly so before all the weenies start crying it missed my back yard sit back and chill. this is the jump start that was needed to see which model hops on another

My goodness...it bombs it out to 964 east of cape cod. What a bomb.

the coas is going to be abliterated, if this thing comes close to the coast. I don't have access to the model output but if this thing were to come closer to the coast are we talking about a snowier version of December 11, 1992 on the coast. What's the pressure gradient between the mega low and the high pressure to the north and west. We're going to be talking about some serious winds if this comes to fruition...

GFS now falls in line with Euro and full phase idea, things are getting very interesting, very interesting indeed!

OK, this is a positive trend, but even with this amped solution, it can still stay off the coast (as the GFS and other models are depicting). The Euro could easily have a similar solution to its past few runs, but just have it be a 100 miles east and could leave a lot of areas out of the snow.

Guest someguy

at 108n hrs look at the 500 mb map

then the surface

IMO the Low is still waaaaaaaaay too far east given that the 500 Low closed and negative SHOULD be capturing it and pulling it back

OK, this is a positive trend, but even with this amped solution, it can still stay off the coast (as the GFS and other models are depicting). The Euro could easily have a similar solution to its past few runs, but just have it be a 100 miles east and could leave a lot of areas out of the snow.

Very true, however considering the Euro's consistency, and the GFS's MASSIVE shift towards the Euro, things are looking encouraging..

then the surface

IMO the Low is still waaaaaaaaay too far east given that the 500 Low closed and negative SHOULD be capturing it and pulling it back

if you compare to the euro it looks about right tho

More of a likelihood of the GFS continuing to trend, since its made the major jump already so only a minor correction is needed and the upper air pattern seems to support it.

Once again...let's all bow down to King Euro.....As I've been saying all along..I've learned the hard way that until prooven differently, trust the euro. At 00z, with a better sampaling of the energy I would expect a solution very similar to whatever today's 12z euro shows. Hopefully the euro maintains its excellent continuity. :snowman::thumbsup:

Kind of early to declare victory 4 days out. The 12Z GFS solution could be a correct one with a slight east trend for the Euro, and mostly a miss. Yes the trend was towards the 00z Euro solution, but there is so much time for anything to happen with such a complex system. Honestly I'd have rather seen misses up to about 60 hours with the trend the Euro had the last few days inside of 60 hours. How many major noreasters have been accurately forecast 120+ hours out by any model? It's hard to fathom the Euro will show a monster storm for 9 more runs in a row. But...it may happen.

then the surface

if that's the case, if you move the QPF output 150 miles west you have a Prolific blizzard on your hands for the I-95 region

Where's SteveB now? *cue DT*

As others have said, northern stream energy was much more pronounced and dug out the trough instead of it washing out as was the case (and ridiculous) on the 0z/6z GFS. Pretty encouraging run.

he's choo choosing not to hang out for the 12Z. That's a solid way to interpret it. Add in the GFS SE bias, shake well and sprinkle in the EURO and we've got ourselves a doozy.

then the surface

My thoughts exactly Dave. Surface isn't matching up with the H5. Did I see Charlie poking his head around the corner?

Archived