Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

This one is DOA for the Western half of the sub-forum, which is fine for me personally as it's too early for significant snow in these parts for my taste.

There was a decent shift East on the EPS which is reflected in the decrease of QPF on the mean from the 00z run to the current 12z run.

This is probably the most bizarre thing I've ever read on this forum. It would have been the middle of December...

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Please elaborate 

January 1993 in Lake Tahoe. We had a series of storms and the biggest period put down ~128" in 30 hours at my house. We had a 4 hour period when we got 45" and Incline Village had nearly 60" in 4.5 hours.  The snow period began at 12:30am on 12/5 and ended on 1/28, total was nearly 40' at ~7k feet. As much as I'd like to see something like it again I don't know if I could physically handle it anymore.  

1 minute ago, gravitylover said:

January 1993 in Lake Tahoe. We had a series of storms and the biggest period put down ~128" in 30 hours at my house. We had a 4 hour period when we got 45" and Incline Village had nearly 60" in 4.5 hours.  The snow period began at 12:30am on 12/5 and ended on 1/28, total was nearly 40' at ~7k feet. As much as I'd like to see something like it again I don't know if I could physically handle it anymore.  

Sick!!! I was going to say it had to be in the mountains out west. Not even lake effect can get above 7” an hour. But really, at anything over 7” an hour it probably looks the same (white out) 

6 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

You could handle it just fine, the bigger problem is that you'd be out there for a week trying to fashion the perfect banks. :P

32 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Sick!!! I was going to say it had to be in the mountains out west. Not even lake effect can get above 7” an hour. But really, at anything over 7” an hour it probably looks the same (white out) 

We had 6” an hour in February 2014 I believe it was in north central Nassau county at the time. Softball sized snowflakes. 

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived