Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I gotta be honest James....whenever you say anything lately, it’s really hard to take you seriously.  You interpreting skills are poor at best. Stop with the fantasy goggles...and really try to look objectively at whatever the heck it is your looking at?  

Man you know what's wrong with most people on these forums, their outlook on life.  Get it out of your head now, either ignore what I have to say, or accept what I have to say.  The fact is the NAM came in stronger with the vort max and clipper came north, now the runs to trust are still at 12z Tuesday afternoon, once the EURO comes in, then I will quit on the clipper, but honestly you shouldn't worry about a Cape Cod possible snowfall, like I do, I have people who count on my outlooks, I am wrong sometimes, yes, but I see the potential in patterns, who you call a weenie, but you also label a negative nancy a weenie too don't know, I just take the positive side of things, because positive people are accepted.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

James, you can’t come in here and make sh it up because you want it to snow.  Try learning like the rest of us are doing.

What am I making up, I saw the shortwave on the NAM it came northward and there was a better bundle of energy associated with it, it did not make a difference this go around, but I believe models at 12z will either show it better or not at all, and that is when I will agree it was nothing to begin with

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Man you know what's wrong with most people on these forums, their outlook on life.  Get it out of your head now, either ignore what I have to say, or accept what I have to say.  The fact is the NAM came in stronger with the vort max and clipper came north, now the runs to trust are still at 12z Tuesday afternoon, once the EURO comes in, then I will quit on the clipper, but honestly you shouldn't worry about a Cape Cod possible snowfall, like I do, I have people who count on my outlooks, I am wrong sometimes, yes, but I see the potential in patterns, who you call a weenie, but you also label a negative nancy a weenie too don't know, I just take the positive side of things, because positive people are accepted.

Absolutely irrelevant within the context of appropriately interpreting model data.

Tell tale sign someone doesn't know what they are talking about when discussing meteorology.....they add subjectivity into the mix in a feeble attempt to divert attention away from the fact that they know not what they speak..

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Absolutely irrelevant within the context of appropriately interpreting model data.

Tell tale sign someone doesn't know what they are talking about when discussing meteorology.....they add subjectivity into the mix in a feeble attempt to divert attention away from the fact that they know not what they speak..

I think the biggest issue is the "I believe" statements.

Models can be wrong, but there needs to be a reason for it. 

It's also okay to have a negative opinion of a system. If every potential was realized, Scooter would be buried up to his :weenie: every week, and poor Bryce would think Feb 2015 is the norm.

34 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I think the biggest issue is the "I believe" statements.

Models can be wrong, but there needs to be a reason for it. 

It's also okay to have a negative opinion of a system. If every potential was realized, Scooter would be buried up to his :weenie: every week, and poor Bryce would think Feb 2015 is the norm.

Yes.

Enough with the "I think this trends south and colder".....give us a non BS reason why.

Sometimes its just a hunch, which is fine.....but there are some people, and we know who they are, that always have the same hunches :lol:

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes.

Enough with the "I think this trends south and colder".....give us a non BS reason why.

Sometimes its just a hunch, which is fine.....but there are some people, and we know who they are, that always have the same hunches :lol:

I mean yeah, the Gulf Stream is there, but the baroclinic zone at 850 mb doesn't care where the Gulf Stream is. If warm water really drove cyclogenesis, we would always see wild storms because the Gulf Stream doesn't move that much and it's always warm relative to the land this time of year. But we don't so there must be another reason why some storms bomb and others fizzle. 

I swear, we're not trying to be turds in the punchbowl when we speak unfavorably about a system. 

Archived