Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2017 Discussion

Hoosier

15 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Going to keep on rolling, low of 48 or 49 this morning, all they need is 66 for the above normal to hit. Already at 62.

Yesterday was actually +0.5 to be more precise, but it shows up as +1 in the F6. Should be able to get the streak to at least 40 days.  After that who knows.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Going to keep on rolling, low of 48 or 49 this morning, all they need is 66 for the above normal to hit. Already at 62.

ORD normal for today is 62/42.  Since today's low was 48, the high only needs to hit 57.  This already happened...so they've banked another above normal day today...crazy.

Just now, beavis1729 said:

ORD normal for today is 62/42.  Since today's low was 48, the high only needs to hit 57.  This already happened...so they've banked another above normal day today...crazy.

That's what I get for doing math the minute I wake up :lmao: No wonder the numbers weren't making sense.

23 hours ago, josh_4184 said:

My areas picked up some decent moisture as well amazing what 500' in elevation change can do especially in winter. Still not ready for the cold and snow yet either. Have a lot of leaves to pick up. We are past peak now and with the wind over the weekend a lot drop. A few days to try out would be great. 

Yeah, it hasn't been the nicest fall for fall colors. Dry, warm/hot, and lots of wind right when the change occurs. 

Orographic lift is yet another meteorological phenomenon that fascinates me about the weather! Hence why some day, I REALLY want to live on the Tug Hill plateau.

Looks like later next week some may be seeing their first flakes of the season. With the typhoon re-curving, similar incident occurred a couple years ago albeit towards end of November where we got hammered with LES. Obviously wont be the case being end of October but always nice to see the white stuff even though I'm not ready for it yet.

73 today - Pales to last yrs 80 ------This wx is incredible. Sucking up this week long VitD bonanza like the vegetation did the rains last week.   Music to my ears next weeks cool down is short.  I purchased a new set of clubs and the courses are going to be in Primo conditions for awhile yet.     Lets get that flip to cold when it matters.   Baby steps down.

3 hours ago, Stebo said:

Yep looking more and more transient as we get closer to the cooldown.

I don't even need below normal. Ill take average with showers/rain everyday. Pretty tired of the consistent sun and warmth. Haha I will admit my bias though because I work outdoors and I'm looking forward to the offseason 

41 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Not to sound rude, but when you all are talking about the so called transient blast of colder air to come, it does not come across that way to me. 

gfs_T2ma_us_31.png

Not rude at all.  It looks like it may not last more than 4 or 5 days tops but we'll see.

51 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Not to sound rude, but when you all are talking about the so called transient blast of colder air to come, it does not come across that way to me. 

gfs_T2ma_us_31.png

It is more of a longevity thing than a magnitude thing. It will be significant but quick hitting.

9 hours ago, Jim Martin said:

gfs_T2ma_us_31.png

Gfs overdoing it per usual with its 2m temps. 

Highs will barely be below average as the average high will be in the mid 50s by next week. Overnight lows may very well be around normal, then we flip back to a milder pattern for the rest of November per GFS ensembles and CFS weeklies.

27 minutes ago, rainsucks said:

Not to sound rude either, but having a few days in the low 50s is hardly noteworthy for late October. 

...except when we're sitting at +7.8° (FWA), +8.4° (LOT), +7.3° (DTX), and expected increase that in the next couple of days.

Tis the season.  From DVN..

Monday through next Wednesday... Latest 00z run suite of medium
range models are handling digging upper jet intrusions and L/W trof
phasing differently for a lack of confidence in details this far
out. But the general idea is the development of a high amplitude
upper trof acrs the upper midwest and even much of the mid conus
next week, will allow for the spilling down of much colder air out
of Canada Tuesday and possibly later in the week as well/re-
enforcing shot. Highs in the 40s possible by Wed, with tue night
through Wed nigh lows well down in the 30s even with cloud cover.
Afternoon into early evening instability showers possible as well,
with rain-snow mix parameters possible not all that far aloft a few
of those days if showers persist. The Models still got to get a
handle on phasing issues and timing next week for more confidence on
temps/precip trends at this point, but the signal is there.    ..12..

1 hour ago, rainsucks said:

Gfs overdoing it per usual with its 2m temps. 

Highs will barely be below average as the average high will be in the mid 50s by next week. Overnight lows may very well be around normal, then we flip back to a milder pattern for the rest of November per GFS ensembles and CFS weeklies.

did you move out of Illinois?

Archived