Total Members
    Most Online
    anathema
    Newest Member
    anathema
Tyler Penland

2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Moderate to heavy snow now. Everything is covered. Roads, cars, and grass are all covered. Pretty decent size flakes too. 

Same here probably getting close to a 1/2 inch

• Like 2

I think you guys are going to do ok :)

1 to 3 generally for AVL, haywood, Mcdowell. Maybe more for Eastern McDowell

2 to 4 for Henderson co over to Rutherford. Locally more in prime upslope areas 

Looks like we'll be wrapping up w/ the snow here in about 45 minutes. Expected a little later, but oh well! Nice little event. Hate to say it, but I am looking forward to sunny & near 60 degrees this weekend! 

Have about 2 and a 1/4 inches. Still snowing, but like Brett said, probably not for long. Finishing with a flourish though. May make a run at 3 inches. Considering GSP had a forecast of .2 inches at one time yesterday, I will take it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BretWheatley said:

Looks like we'll be wrapping up w/ the snow here in about 45 minutes. Expected a little later, but oh well! Nice little event. Hate to say it, but I am looking forward to sunny & near 60 degrees this weekend! 

Well, I said that... and it started pouring again. Probably the heaviest I've seen this morning. Going to go walk in it while it lasts! 

• Like 1

Eyeballing it, we look to have picked up maybe an inch and a half or two inches, with moderate snow still falling. Not bad. Kinda let down that January didn't produce a big snow for us, but at least we live in an area that does very very well in February, and through mid-march. Here's to hoping the warm up is short lived and we get our turn again in February!

• Like 1