Newest Member
    joxey
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

It is dumping in Salem, VA just west of ROA. Squall has been impressive coming out of WV and it seems to be trying to back build. Temps continue to steadily drop. Blacksburg put out a special weather statement due to it. Bonus round for me today! :)

Link below to a live feed from Virginia Tech library; looks to be coming down quite nicely:

https://vtnews.vt.edu/webcams/library-plaza.html

25 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Same here. They have a wind advisory out for us through the night because of another cold front passing through.

"Cold" front lol. Boone heliport has gone from 29 to 36. We've went from 30 to 38 so far. Gusting to around 40MPH. Was gonna head out and watch the Geminids but I don't feel like having to tie my chair down.

edit: Aaaand there's clouds anyways. 

11 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

"Cold" front lol. Boone heliport has gone from 29 to 36. We've went from 30 to 38 so far. Gusting to around 40MPH. Was gonna head out and watch the Geminids but I don't feel like having to tie my chair down.

edit: Aaaand there's clouds anyways. 

Lol yeah I feel you. Well a cold front is approaching but we are having a temp rise because the winds are mixing the atmosphere. Yeah we are surging up too. Wind is really whipping.

You guys pay attn to the euro: 1st up Christmas Day youll only need a small buck/trend or 2 to cash in on a white one. Missed at 12z but a nice overrunning event is gonna set up  between tn valley and apps. 2cnd)  The trend on the eps is your friend. Should be some good wintry mischief shots 12/25 or 26th out past New years day. Skiers will be in business, all save for a 24-36 hr period if by chance your in the cold rain Christmas eve/day instead of the frozen. Enjoy!

Archived