• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Chasing Irma

This could be an awesome happening. Large storm, low pressure, will probably have a huge eye. It could be sunny for hours in the middle of the storm. I want to chase. Let's organize a team, or at least get the idea started.
My guess is that landfall will be further south, south Florida or something, but anywhere on the East coast would be good game. Maybe a North Carolina/South Carolina storm would be best because of how the land is set up, kind of rural.

47 minutes ago, StormchaserChuck said:

This could be an awesome happening. Large storm, low pressure, will probably have a huge eye. It could be sunny for hours in the middle of the storm. I want to chase. Let's organize a team, or at least get the idea started.
My guess is that landfall will be further south, south Florida or something, but anywhere on the East coast would be good game. Maybe a North Carolina/South Carolina storm would be best because of how the land is set up, kind of rural.

Yeah and with no city water or lectricity to worry about.

1 hour ago, StormchaserChuck said:

Never mind  that possible 150mph+ wind, catastrophic storm surge, and flooding rain on each side of the eye. Definitely worth all that just to see the sun for an hour.

5 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Never mind  that possible 150mph+ wind, catastrophic storm surge, and flooding rain on each side of the eye. Definitely worth all that just to see the sun for an hour.

I mean being in the eye is a pretty incredible experience, and both of the ones I've been in were clouded over. Those pictures of the stars in Harvey are absolutely amazing.

2 minutes ago, Dunkman said:

I mean being in the eye is a pretty incredible experience, and both of the ones I've been in were clouded over. Those pictures of the stars in Harvey are absolutely amazing.

No doubt, but you don't go chasing a cat 5 hurricane just to see the sun inside the eye. Plus it seems like he just wants to get a crew of randoms on this board and go right into the heart of a major hurricane. Very foolish unless if you have a lot of experience chasing hurricanes.

11 hours ago, jburns said:

Still watching to decide if I'll chase.  Leaning to a yes. I have to guess at how close I think I can get to the coast without ending up cuffed in the back of a squad car.

Drive a big car real slow, wear a sweat shirt that says "I WANT MY SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT" and wear a funny hat.

Have your wife write your name address and phone number in the collar of your shirt.   Have a lap top computer in your

car running Windows 4.

10 hours ago, winterymix said:

Drive a big car real slow, wear a sweat shirt that says "I WANT MY SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT" and wear a funny hat.

Have your wife write your name address and phone number in the collar of your shirt.   Have a lap top computer in your

car running Windows 4.

You mean windows 95 don't you Sonny?  Good version.  As for the rest, I have a big car, I never drive slow, no matter what shirt I wear it looks good and I can still remember my name and address. Yeah, I know the name and address is to help identify my body. Don't be so damn negative.

12 minutes ago, jburns said:

You mean windows 95 don't you Sonny?  Good version.  As for the rest, I have a big car, I never drive slow, no matter what shirt I wear it looks good and I can still remember my name and address. Yeah, I know the name and address is to help identify my body. Don't be so damn negative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT_4.0

Can a mod or someone start a thread with just links to weather stations and radar sites along the projected path?? Some forum members have been kind enough to post them but they are getting buried in the main thread. Hard to find them. Thanks very much.

I meant to post this in banter. Can't delete it. Question still stands though.

Archived