Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's only been 1 day up there?  Dews have been in the mid and upper 60s for about a month straight now here with only a few days break here and there.

Tolland is talking about the one day of dewpoint in upper 60s that's coming up next Monday, which is hardly AC worthy if I have one.

You're correct that we haven't gotten much break from dews recently.

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Won’t speak for Dover, but nothing like that up here. 

I'd say we had maybe three or four nights when it's hot and sticky inside my apartment in the past 30 days, but my threshold of "gross dews" is higher than y'all.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Won’t speak for Dover, but nothing like that up here. 

I'll add that we've been wedged in off and on the past few days while SNE fully warm sectored. We've had a couple of muggy days, but it cools down at night. A night of 62/62 is nice after coming off of a high of only 75/66. I'm just throwing some numbers out there as an example. Some rough avg high numbers off of WU so far for 10/1-9...

BDL 76
TAN 74
CON 74
MHT 73
BOS 73
ASH 72
IZG 70
LCI 69
1P1 69

CON still seems a bit torchy to me, but whatever. It still drops off pretty quickly into the foothills once you get past the CON exits on 93.

20 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

I just got back from visiting Maine. I am thoroughly impressed with the scenery up the cost and through central Maine. A very beautiful state. 

Hey Met! Nice to see another WNC poster in here! 

I had a chance to tour Maine's coastline shortly after moving up here and I was blown away too. However, I do miss me Blue Ridge mountains back in Asheville. Hope WNC is doing well this past summer.

38 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Hey Met! Nice to see another WNC poster in here! 

I had a chance to tour Maine's coastline shortly after moving up here and I was blown away too. However, I do miss me Blue Ridge mountains back in Asheville. Hope WNC is doing well this past summer.

Yeah I flew into Portland then stayed on Monhegan Island for a few days then went to Bar Harbor for a few then I went to Rangley for a few days. I think I want to move up here. 

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah I flew into Portland then stayed on Monhegan Island for a few days then went to Bar Harbor for a few then I went to Rangley for a few days. I think I want to move up here. 

Rangeley is an exceptional weenie spot for snowfall.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Rangeley is an exceptional weenie spot for snowfall.

This is one of the primary reasons I visited Rangley. I believeI saw a post from you saying that Rangley snow retention was very good. Talked to a sportsman membership group up there that said that did 8 to 10 thousand miles of snowmobiling last winter.  That's crazy. And they get a decent amount of snow each winter and it has good elevation.  I did look at some property up there. It's hit and miss. A beautiful place though. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

pretty goodly part of a sad state of climate affairs when ur getting cold fronts in October and the air mass behind is sensibly warmer ...  :axe:

Agreed.  Of course, a weak cold front that brings sun onto a high launch point, following a lowery sunless day...   Better now than 2 months from now.  ;)

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

A/C humming for sure.  I know I am fussy..but we say installed. 

I will say Brian, wen I left Winni....that was A/C weather. I would have installed. You have a better tolerance.

The warm front came through before sunrise and the air inside was in the 60s and relatively dry. We never let those 70F dews into the house during the day. I think we hit 75F for a high, but it was swampy despite the nice breeze. The front came through a few hours before sunset though and we quickly dropped into the upper 50s before the rain came. So there was never really an uncomfortable night of sleeping. The warm front came back through sometime midday during the rain. Here's LCI.IMG_9078.PNG

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The warm front came through before sunrise and the air inside was in the 60s and relatively dry. We never let those 70F dews into the house during the day. I think we hit 75F for a high, but it was swampy despite the nice breeze. The front came through a few hours before sunset though and we quickly dropped into the upper 50s before the rain came. So there was never really an uncomfortable night of sleeping. The warm front came back through sometime midday during the rain. Here's LCI.IMG_9078.PNG

Yeah the late night wedging helped. But the wiping was two rolls deep prior. I was packing the car, and commented on how steamy it felt. Straight up KEYW for EEK. His tropical garden in LCI FTW.

Archived