Total Members
    Most Online
    TuggHillRosato
    Newest Member
    TuggHillRosato
George BM

September Banter Thread

8 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Why would anyone, let alone a long time contributor, quote a post from more than a day ago (by harveyleonardfan, of all people) in order to self congratulate himself?

Edited to add: It just got removed, along with the negative reaction to the post. But it was a doozie. Basically a praise of his own estimate of 130 mph landfall on PR because HarveyLeonardfan supported his view by concluding it must have been a Cat 3 landfall.

I see nothing wrong with that honestly. 

7 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I see nothing wrong with that honestly. 

For me, it's the dive bomb quality that makes no sense. Not contributing to the active thread except to boast. But even when doing that, quoting from a poster with no credibility.

10 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

For me, it's the dive bomb quality that makes no sense. Not contributing to the active thread except to boast. But even when doing that, quoting from a poster with no credibility.

I thought you said they were a regular contributor?  I didn't see it, so I'm not one to judge.  I'm sure you've seen how I don't like seeing people getting called out so much.  Your comment made me feel like it wasn't so extreme.  I don't have a say.

9 hours ago, gymengineer said:

Why would anyone, let alone a long time contributor, quote a post from more than a day ago (by harveyleonardfan, of all people) in order to self congratulate himself?

Edited to add: It just got removed, along with the negative reaction to the post. But it was a doozie. Basically a praise of his own estimate of 130 mph landfall on PR because HarveyLeonardfan supported his view by concluding it must have been a Cat 3 landfall.

A lot of hidden posts overnight, the one you mentioned isn’t surprising given who posted it 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Freeze contest is finally here! 

DCA: Dec 30

BWI: Dec 29

IAD: Nov 15

RIC: Dec 29

Tiebreaker: Number of days with a minimum temperature below 40F at BWI in October--2 

Wrong thread if this is your real forecast.

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

I am getting ready to post the 00z NAM at 84 shortly once Maria is in range of our area

Please don't inflict the pain of an up the bay track at 84 on tropical weenies who reside in your region.

We've suffered enough.

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm just messin' with the snow weenies. 

I am excited about the contest though. It's a great MA tradition. 

I take exception to that. We are Snow connoisseurs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

A basin in CO already got more snow today than our yards will all winter 

20175:59PM

When I went out to Colorado during my summer trip I fell in love with it. Love the eastern part of the state and I'd love the explore the state more.

On 9/21/2017 at 2:28 PM, WinterWxLuvr said:

As long as it's a good winter in Rockland County, then I'm happy.

Kind of you. :)

9 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

A basin in CO already got more snow today than our yards will all winter 

20175:59PM

And my son managed to take his 'trash board' and get his first rides of the season on it too.

43 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Literally nobody picked the Jags in my league. WTF Baltimore?

Jags are talented, esp on defense. The Ravens D is overrated. They got picked apart last week by 2 completely unaccomplished QBs. This is still a defense coordinated by Dean Pees after all. The offense is going to struggle against any team with a talented D-line. Their offensive line is depleted, and the RBs are not particularly talented. Flacco is Flacco. Protect him well and he can put up some decent numbers. That obviously did not happen today,

Been down here in Lehigh Acres, FL since the 20th.  Florida thunderstorms pwn anything Maryland has to offer.  Sups, mammatus and CG every day.  

Redskins win.  In prime time.  At home.  Against a Raider team that was 2-0 and pretty good.  27-10.  Gave up like only 130 total yards.  Who is this team?