Total Members
    Most Online
    NWAflizzard
    Newest Member
    NWAflizzard
George BM

September Disco/Obs Thread

25 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Same with the unusual cool spell in aug/early sept. We're in the rebound/balance stage with warm stuff right now. I hope it holds all the way through Oct into Nov. I'm not kidding either. Let's have a rubber band snap back right before thanksgiving that lasts thru mid Dec. 

That may have so much meaning beyond these forums. ;)

IAD +0 for the month heading into today, the last day of the solid heatwave.  September really turned out to be the inverse of what one might ordinarily expect, more like June.  I suspect the month finishes essentially normal in the means, which this month was anything but.

Also interesting how June and September were acutely dry for most of the region, in such contrast to July and August.  Strange days indeed.

13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I love heat, and I'm ready for it to end. 

Long range guidance seems to suggest otherwise.  Was that a 594dm ridge over Kentucky the Euro was advertising for the start of October?

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

DP fell of a cliff around 8:15am.  72 and a nice breeze.  All the windows are open!

oh dammit. i meant to remind mr map to open the house up before he left. shoot. 

37 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

44...and feels great.

Fire pit Friday!

Unless something really crazy happens in the next 48 hours, September will end here with 2.47" of rain, of which only .10" fell in the past three weeks, and not a drop since the 13th.

12 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Fire pit Friday!

Unless something really crazy happens in the next 48 hours, September will end here with 2.47" of rain, of which only .10" fell in the past three weeks, and not a drop since the 13th.

I like the way you think...it's a night for a fire, blasting deck speakers, and lots BEER.

And yes it's been real dry lately...we need tropical remnants or the Bobchill monsoon express..lol

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Its nice to be able to turn off the a/c and open some windows for the next few days.

I wish I could do that, but the dairy farmer who owns the farm fields out in front of my place likes to fertilize with liquefied cow shiit this time of year. And its upwind of me.

41 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Fire pit Friday!

Have had 3.15" here for the month, but only about 0.20" in the last couple weeks. Looks to remain dry for at least another week. Gotta keep watering the new grass!

18 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I wish I could do that, but the dairy farmer who owns the farm fields out in front of my place likes to fertilize with liquefied cow shiit this time of year. And its upwind of me.

I spent a good part of my childhood in Harford county living with that. Had farms all over the place. Call me crazy but it doesn't bother me because every time I smell it it brings back mostly fond memories. :lol:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That must be fantastic and not enough plug ins to win that battle.  Reminds me of the people I see living near chicken processing plants over on the eastern shore.  If the wind blows a certain way I can't see how people live so close.  Its awful just driving by.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

That must be fantastic and not enough plug ins to win that battle.  Reminds me of the people I see living near chicken processing plants over on the eastern shore.  If the wind blows a certain way I can't see how people live so close.  Its awful just driving by.

Try a paper mill. Up here in Hanover we always know when a storm is moving in. Get that wind just right and the stench from that mill in Spring Grove travels 15 miles or so into Hanover. Its a very nauseating smell. Won't even talk about the pig farm I had next door when I lived in California.

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Try a paper mill. Up here in Hanover we always know when a storm is moving in. Get that wind just right and the stench from that mill in Spring Grove travels 15 miles or so into Hanover. Its a very nauseating smell. Won't even talk about the pig farm I had next door when I lived in California.

Yea ...papertown has been especially bad this year. It's made its way to Carroll county dozens of days. I never get used to that horrible smell.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

I spent a good part of my childhood in Harford county living with that. Had farms all over the place. Call me crazy but it doesn't bother me because every time I smell it it brings back mostly fond memories. :lol:

I grew up across the street from a farm in central PA.  I concur with the above statement.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, H2O said:

Luckily this only reeks when its being sprayed. It becomes barely noticeable shortly after.

This next ridge building in looks like it will be centered pretty far to our north. In that location we should not get too hot. Probably lots of days in the 70s and some low 80s.

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

now both banter and obs threads have gone into the shiiter

We have been talkin some serious shiit around here lately.

Who was it that posted a photo of a pile of crap for identification? I think it was NW Baltimore Wx.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We have been talkin some serious shiit around here lately.

Who was it that posted a photo of a pile of crap for identification? I think it was NW Baltimore Wx.

:lol:

Yeah, twas me.  Thankfully there haven't been any more turds, at least in that same area, which pretty much convinces me it was not a raccoon.  I've read they like to use the same spot over and over.

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

:lol:

Yeah, twas me.  Thankfully there haven't been any more turds, at least in that same area, which pretty much convinces me it was not a raccoon.  I've read they like to use the same spot over and over.

Yeah I still think it was probably a fox.