joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect to the EPS, the op GFS has now shown east coast landfall for five runs in a row, and the op Euro showed east coast landfall in its latest run (and arguably the one before that).  The ensemble of ops might be telling us something.

Of course the 12z Euro will probably muddy the waters by showing OTS... 

1 minute ago, poolz1 said:

Model fantasy still but WOW!  Just to see it modeled gets the heart rate up.  Simultaneous obs within the sub-forum from all quads of the core! lol  

There's a less than 1% chance that happens the way the 12Z gfs depicts.  Day 8 chaos is true CHAOS.

If you compare recent runs, one could extrapolate trends in landfalls.  I said I thought it would ride up the Chesapeake in the banter thread because the center was just to the south of the 0Z run after passing the Leewards. 

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Well, there really isn't anything that I own that can't be replaced or rebuilt, so if I can chase the eye, I'd take it.

I'm divided.  On the one hand, totally!

On the other, every time there's a thunderstorm I have to go around the yard picking up fallen branches from the dozen 60ft+trees that make a circle around my house.  I might send my wife and daughter to a DC hotel for this if we're 3 days out.

10 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

I don't think a cat 4 is congrats coming up the bay. A lot of homes would be destroyed.

Not a fan of moral police posts. If we had the power to alter weather then yes, it's terrible. But we can't so we're totally allowed to be enthusiasts and imagine the unimaginable and enjoy it. 

@WxWatcher007 I do think this storm is a threat to the east. Even with no landfall. Peacefully out to sea is becoming less likely. Where it gets really muddy is how it may or may not effect our yards. If the gefs holds (my guess is it does) and the eps shifts that way then confidence in some sort of ec impact is starting to get real. 

Still at 70% odds of ots? 

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Not a fan of moral police posts. If we had the power to alter weather then yes, it's terrible. But we can't so we're totally allowed to be enthusiasts and imagine the unimaginable and enjoy it. 

and others are totally allowed to be concerned

Archived