Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It's days that are sunny until 11:00 am then clouds build..maybe a shower then clears at night. Rinse repeat. Probably averages out N to Bn , but none of this  cold and snow that folks are calling for

What?  Anyways, looks pretty meh for warm weather. Seasons in seasons.

On 4/28/2017 at 1:56 PM, Whineminster said:

Gotta love those honking horns, sirens, and stinky exhaust fumes wafting in from the street below. 

I live just north of Pelham Parkway in a leafy, suburban neighborhood that is just a few blocks away from the Bronx Zoo/Botanical Gardens. I'm only a little over a mile from the Westchester border. There are no honking horns or exhaust fumes here. 

Pelham Pkwy has an impressive variety of trees, and in the backyard we typically see orioles, red cardinals, and bluejays. Not your typical urban environment.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tip mentioned it

Ah ...yeeeah, impetus on "mentioned" it ... 

You were asked, 'who is calling for ...'   

Answering that question by using anyone's name, together with mentioned it, risks conflating those two ideas and pinning it on someone; when in perspicacity those clearly and obviously don't mean the same thing -

but ... we know you do this all the time, ...either deliberately or unwittingly ... and throwing others under the bus ... We're supposed to just laugh it off - okay. 

Not sure what was said weeks ago ... but at some point over the last week I 'mentioned' the ensuing pattern was symbolic of super-imposing winter under a May sun.  Yeah, I suppose taking the synoptic charts as is...there's 850 mb pockets down to -3 C entangled in this trough amplitude, while perhaps episodic spin ups fiddle with f-ing up the weather for everyone that likes spring over the next 10 days... Somewhere in all that the elevations could certainly see grapple and snow.. But it is just as likely that marginal conditions get trumped by the sun and the models are over-doing amplitude, and a host of other things that may and probably will go wrong.  

6 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Crap, we just can't get through a spring without the pinwheel of doom. May is going to suck!

I don't think I've had a BN May since 2007 and I think that was barely BN. We've had some nice ones recently.

Yeah, ...12z operational GFS is almost a 2005 redux really.    Just need that axis to average closer to WV rather than right over head and we'd be there almost identically.  As is though, it's close enough to almost be considered the same thing. This is pretty much how destroying a half month or more in the worst plausible weather there can be on the face of the planet is prescribed. It'll be interesting to see if Kevin is in straight-jacket at the end of D12 

Let's hope it is wrong... but, this has been hammered for days in the teleconnectors, and although we can argue those get less correlative at this time of year, you have also take that case by case; there's enough gradient and coherent wave structures lingering around the hemisphere (still) to count 'em, so this may all have merit. 

GGEM brings snow to the Capital District D7 ...certainly to the elevations -

31 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Interesting times ahead.. Love this weather

At some point I'm forced to wonder if this doesn't all turn around and really nail eastern N/A with heat. 

The last 15 consecutive years of this incredible rise in Global temperatures as reported by NASA, has been retarded specifically centered on the region from roughly DC to Labrador compared to most over regions of the planet.  

In that time span...we've had above normal months.. That's not what we're saying. However, relative to the rates and amounts of change in the warming environment/climate of the planet overall, we've been among a select few other regions that keep getting hammered by off-setting cool values.  

It's time spans like this, in coming, that's doing it... (so it seems anyway).  

Truth be told its a noisy subject.  Just about every point on the surface of the Earth has had both above and below normal months across the last 180 worth, but it's akin to saying we've had just that many more negatives than anywhere else. That's probably the simplest way to say it.  I think Siberia and one or two additional regions also shared in that odd semi-permanent sink.