Newest Member
    joxey
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think the best zone to be in right now is probably the monadnocks to S VT....at least in terms of being pretty "safe" for a warning snowfall...further north is def safe from mixing, but could be a bit light on QPF. N ORH county to Hippyvalley's region is probably a pretty good spot too. Gets a bit dicey down toward the pike and southern MA border and perhaps adjacent N RI/N CT, but the stakes are quite high there because I think that region has a pretty high ceiling being firehosed by the CCB after the WCB precip...so if they can stay mostly snow, there's big upside.

Yup I'd agree entirely with that.

I'd say best spot is like a box that goes from GFL-LCI down to RT 2 and back for near 100% chance of warning snows.  

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

All jokes aside, DIT can do really well here. This is the type of stuff he can post pics of his road covered with 6" on the deck while Ryan throws his bluetooth keyboard at his monitors.

lol. True. Although at this far out I would say at least the upper half of CT is not out of the picture yet for plowable. 

47 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Tip,  Add April 8 1982.  Extremely impressive blizzard, mid winter type storm all the way to the coast.  I believe Boston broke all kinds of records, low temp record, lowest high temp record.  Got down to 16F.   

May 1977 storm was amazing.  Trees in full leave.  Did lots of damage metro Boston

I think that is the storm when Will got abandoned outside in a sled when he was a little weenie... he has never recovered from that trauma

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I think the models are in pretty good agreement overall with this.  Of course the biggest bust potential is on the mix line in SNE.  Up north here its like is it 3-4" or is it 6-8".

Well GFS gives me maybe 2 inches while the GEM is showing 14 for me.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Tip,  Add April 8 1982.  Extremely impressive blizzard, mid winter type storm all the way to the coast.  I believe Boston broke all kinds of records, low temp record, lowest high temp record.  Got down to 16F.   

May 1977 storm was amazing.  Trees in full leave.  Did lots of damage metro Boston

The April storm buried places all the way down to the Mason Dixon line....big cold outbreak right before it hit.   

27 minutes ago, klw said:

Well GFS gives me maybe 2 inches while the GEM is showing 14 for me.

Yeah your region has some uncertainty on qpf, and the pike region to N CT/RI has the temp uncertainty. I do think overall though, the guidance is in pretty good agreement...it's just that small shifts in these "uncertain" zones will have large sensible wx impacts. Like if you're in Stratton, VT or Jaffrey, NH, most of these solutions are pretty similarly hammering you with 8-12"+.

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup I'd agree entirely with that.

I'd say best spot is like a box that goes from GFL-LCI down to RT 2 and back for near 100% chance of warning snows.  

wouldn't call any area 100% yet, main concern is 700 to 900mb temps in my mind, not so much QPF as it looks sufficient.

That's a really nice look aloft. It's a pretty huge crushing north of the pike. I personally wish it would cool just a smidge more (though it was a little colder than 00z)...but hard to hate that look otherwise. Big dynamic processes...both WCB and CCB go right over SNE and part of CNE.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You're reverse psychology Kevin-style has worked pretty brilliantly in this event for you.

Heh...I don't want the snow, but I do expect some. My hunch is still that this trends more favorably for you and Hubby versus me, but it's honestly not reverse psychology. I don't feel like I've made a lot of posts poopooing the event for C NH.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Heh...I don't want the snow, but I do expect some. My hunch is still that this trends more favorably for you and Hubby versus me, but it's honestly not reverse psychology. I don't feel like I've made a lot of posts poopooing the event for C NH.

We'll have to create a new category just for you...proclaiming you don't want snow and are dying for the chickens to have open pathways...and then get dumped on.

Archived