Newest Member
    joxey
Son of April Fool's Birch Bender

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we were looking for an 11th hour positive surprise... 0z NAM not giving it

Also, that 0z-2z retreat of the RS line depicted on RAP/HRRR never happened... so far RGEM seems to have best handle on warmth just extrapolating from sleet advance

All eggs in the CCB basket Saturday AM but it's tenuous

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll try to post more for sure.

what do you guys think, are the higher totals just wishful thinking? If those were to verify I'd would think we'd be seeing people flashing to snow in SNh by now. I thought most of the earlier runs had that happening?

35 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

If we were looking for an 11th hour positive surprise... 0z NAM not giving it

Also, that 0z-2z retreat of the RS line depicted on RAP/HRRR never happened... so far RGEM seems to have best handle on warmth just extrapolating from sleet advance

All eggs in the CCB basket Saturday AM but it's tenuous

I was skeptical of that crap the whole time...they show that stuff a lot and it doesn't happen.

RGEM is impressive with the CCB early tomorrow.

14 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Sorry, yes. I misspoke. You measure everything (minus the cylindrical object) and divide by two.

Them's the rules, but it still gives me minor heartburn.  If the rain is freezing on contact, why include the twig's underside at all?  If instead of a twig one looks at a large horizontal branch, that same storm would put the 1" topside and next to nothing on the underside.  An event that puts a full inch on the top side of a twig and 0.1" on the underside gets recorded as 0.55" accretion, even if my deck has that same full inch. 

Archived