joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Gorizer said:

I don't dare speak. As a professional lurker I can confirm that you guys are doing an awesome job. Carry on!

I'm trying to catch up.  Work closed in advance for tomorrow so I stayed a little late.  Everything looks incredible.  You'll do very well there on Mt. Duanesburg

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

Fun fact for those referencing the Super Storm.   Superstorm 93 was 976mb over the Gulf of Mexico!   Ol stella girl will be lucky to get to that point at full maturity.  The Superstorm was on another level.  

weenie question about that, 

does the fact that stella will be intensifying as it moves from the SE up to the mid atlantic help it over perform?

Superstorm was fully developed over Fla. Gave Birmingham a **** ton of snow. This isn't that. Could be real big though. I doubt we see another Storm of the Century like that. This could be the storm of the year, maybe the decade. LOL.

I always worry being on west side of precip shield. We don't have much wiggle room. If I were in Albany, I wouldn't be nervous. But if this thing jumped east we could lose a lot of support an moisture. I haven't seen that happen. But storms move a bit east on models with in 24 hrs. Ive seen it many times. Not happening on NAM

Just now, rochesterdave said:

Superstorm was fully developed over Fla. Gave Birmingham a **** ton of snow. This isn't that. Could be real big though. I doubt we see another Storm of the Century like that. This could be the storm of the year, maybe the decade. LOL.

I always worry being on west side of precip shield. We don't have much wiggle room. If I were in Albany, I wouldn't be nervous. But if this thing jumped east we could lose a lot of support an moisture. I haven't seen that happen. But storms move a bit east on models with in 24 hrs. Ive seen it many times. Not happening on NAM

Its not happening Dave so calm your nerves bro.  The ones who should be nervous are the East Coasters who think armageddon is coming, lol!

4 minutes ago, dutch said:

weenie question about that, 

does the fact that stella will be intensifying as it moves from the SE up to the mid atlantic help it over perform?

I don't think it will help it over perform because its already forecasted to be quite intense.  Explosive cyclogenesis is pretty standard in Miller B's like this.   It might over perform for the South Lake Ontario counties if the lake enhancement is as robust and long lasting as it appears it will be.   

-Side note - The superstorm deepened another 20mb to mind boggling 956mb.   

9 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I don't feel all that comfortable with this setup either but the upper level pattern should technically allow a nice transport of moisture Westward initially and then a continuance of snow with the upper low.  Add in the lake effect and we should be good, but it wont be pounding snow like East of 81.  I definitely could see Erie or Niagara county getting shafted pretty hard, its happened in the past.  

While on the topic of March '93 Superstorm, that storm yielded a 2-day total of 22.3 at KBGM, so I do think this storm has a legit shot to exceed '93 in terms of accumulations here locally, and maybe a few other locations potentially. But in terms of overall impact at the macro level, yeah '93 won't be topped for reasons already mentioned by others.

Archived