joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Setting ratios at 15:1 puts down 12 all way to Lake Erie. The 20+ line runs from ELM to Fair Haven and points east. Lollis of 30+ from BGM Cazenovia into the Catskills Lol, wow.

That's just epic so close to the event starting.  Pieces on the board are getting close to dancing - http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=default&region=DAY

2 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Got 20 to 1 map

LOL....that might be a better depiction....really....I'm thinking 18:1 from SYR westward....really great dendritic growth area....

Really, all of Upstate is in great shape....even far west where it will snow pretty good from Ontario and Erie through much of the storm...

9 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Doesnt have an option for 20:1, so only other option better than 15:1 is the Kuchera, but idk what the break down is between 15:1 and that. If you saved the previous map I put up and compare to this one, you can do the math at individual sites to see what its averaging. Deleting in 10 min...

ecmwf_tsnow_KU_syracuse_23.thumb.png.9a89ee10a417b2d013804fd9d485b24a.png

Jesus somebody is going to see over 40" at this rate lmao!!

Alright, so I did the math. Using LEK as corroborative input on his 18:1 SYR and west, it appears the Kuchera ratio is a pretty reasonable estimate as it works out to the be following average ratio for the duration of the storm...

BUF - 20.5:1

ROC - 20:1

SYR - 18.6:1

BGM - 17.2:1

ALB - 16.1:1

Archived