Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Honestly if the GFS is onto something and this turns to a snow to rain that washes it away or turns it to slush, I'd be happier with today's few inches than that. I'd be happy for the inland crew but in mid-March I'm done with that. 

How can you wash away a foot of snow with a 2 hour period of rain? You still get a huge front end dump and then the potential backlash like XMAS 2002 or VDAY 2014. Stop with the negative Nancy stuff.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

The city kind of dry slots.

Agreed with that type of track it would be hours of heavy snow then a dry slot filled with freezing rain showers scattered and surface temps stay near or below freezing

1 minute ago, nzucker said:

How can you wash away a foot of snow with a 2 hour period of rain? You still get a huge front end dump and then the potential backlash like XMAS 2002 or VDAY 2014. Stop with the negative Nancy stuff.

Like Super Storm 93 was supposed to do but didnt. Look bttom line, if we get a foot in NYC that would be a historic blizzard for march that we havent had in more than 50 years!

3 minutes ago, nzucker said:

Yeah this sounds more and more like what happened in March 1993.  Even on the south shore we had close to a foot of snow and the rain/sleet could not wash that away.  Either way, why does it matter if it does get washed away after the storm- it's Mid March, it wouldn't be sticking around for long either way LOL

I understand JM though.  He's upset because he missed out on our 30 incher last year.  I'm extremely happy to get anything, even all rain, it doesn't matter, because I feel like I already got to experience the most extreme storm this area could ever see anyway.

Archived