• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - March 2017

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

got to agree with you this. If this was a slow mover 1993 ish....this is feet not a foot. 0z NAM is again 12-18".

I'd be more than happy to be slammed with a good 12-18" storm. I haven't had over a foot in a storm here since 2010 (about 11" with the big one last year where the 18"+ was only 10 miles away). 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I'd be more than happy to be slammed with a good 12-18" storm. I haven't had over a foot in a storm here since 2010 (about 11" with the big one last year where the 18"+ was only 10 miles away). 

yes I agree :-) I just wish this wasn't all overnight so I didn't have to stay up all night for it since I will be so tired staying up for the model runs. Good luck Mag and thanks so much for your analysis.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

NAM was spouting 28" totals for MDT 48 hrs before. Everyone said it was wayyy overdone as the Euro and GFS had 8-14". 

MDT recorded 30.2". So yeah.

Funny how some forgot that.  Mid atlantic thread is bashing away.  I understand the skill scores, but to blatantly dismiss is also not warranted.  Its a tool in the weather shed.

Nut

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

NAM was spouting 28" totals for MDT 48 hrs before. Everyone said it was wayyy overdone as the Euro and GFS had 8-14". 

MDT recorded 30.2". So yeah.

I was thinking it had upwards of 35"-40" for somewhere close to us. Not necessarily MDT, but I'm pretty sure it had somewhere (maybe around South Mountain?) over 3'. 

Just now, maytownpawx said:

I was thinking it had upwards of 35"-40" for somewhere close to us. Not necessarily MDT, but I'm pretty sure it had somewhere (maybe around South Mountain?) over 3'. 

at one point, yes it did.  right arounc 40".

corrected inside 36 and faired pretty well.

Nut

Just now, paweather said:

0z GFS is if I need to say it another crusher. A very respected Met Larry Crosgrove needs to soon get on board. ;-)

I cannot wait to see weenie snow maps.  I sit between 16 and 23......and its still snowing.  

I'd think the western shield would be more expansive as well.

Nut

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

If this comes to fruition the radar image of moisture plume will be insane. Much larger than than the recent big storms' precip shield, reaching back west of Columbus even.

Yep...that was what I was implying when looking at pivotal vs TT.  NW quad qpf w/ a storm track like this is often under modeled.  Will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

Night all.

Nut

After looking at the cmc in detail, I'm tossing it. It's really far north with the ns low and it even becomes detached from the vort digging down. That's a total outlier. Because the low is so far n, there is no interaction with the southern low. That why the precip field is so far east. If there was any support for that outcome I would consider it but there is none right now. 

That's from the man Bob Chill.

Even if the main snow shield with the coastal low misses you to the east (still way too early to call that), the upper air low coming in behind and primary low should give a long period of lighter to moderate snow that could add up to a good amount, probably over 6". That's an intense low coming down from Canada that looks like it will lag behind the coastal system. 

Archived