joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big HP blocking it from going inland and actually slowing / stalling it for a time, screaming easterly inflow , big pressure gradient and similar low track. I see a lot of similarities.. biggest difference is colder antecedent airmass

I don't see this stalling at all. At least right now. It's moving relatively nicely.

It is reminding me of Boxing Day.

GFS kind of reminds me of Boxing Day. Euro is almost more of a Feb '13 evolution in how it sort of keeps that front runner seperate until late. Kind of weird when GFS is the western outlier.  

Big HP blocking it from going inland and actually slowing / stalling it for a time, screaming easterly inflow , big pressure gradient and similar low track. I see a lot of similarities.. biggest difference is colder antecedent airmass

I see very few similarities. Dec '92 was a huge cutoff that stalled well south. This doesn't stall at all and is way further north plus the high was more seaward in '92 creating more easterly flow. This would be more northeast or NNE. There's probably about 50 large storms you could put as a better analog. 

I see very few similarities. Dec '92 was a huge cutoff that stalled well south. This doesn't stall at all and is way further north plus the high was more seaward in '92 creating more easterly flow. This would be more northeast or NNE. There's probably about 50 large storms you could put as a better analog. 

Ok thanks 

Archived