Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

Just now, JC-CT said:

Congrats Dendrite

I actually was sorta hoping for no more snow. Pipe dream this early in the season...I know. But the driveway is somehow already melted and dried out, the chickens are roaming around, and I started some yard clean up. So therefore mother nature will drop a foot+ here. Of course everyone believes in their "reverse locks", but mine are the only ones that are true.

Who would've thought? It figures.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I actually was sorta hoping for no more snow. Pipe dream this early in the season...I know. But the driveway is somehow already melted and dried out, the chickens are roaming around, and I started some yard clean up. So therefore mother nature will drop a foot+ here. Of course everyone believes in their "reverse locks", but mine are the only ones that are true.

Who would've thought? It figures.

According to some on here, There is still time for you to be saved from getting more snow.

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It had absolutely nothing to do with religion. It was about whether me going outside and flapping my arms to the east will help.

Also, it was a joke.

My joke meter must be off, sorry about that.

Honestly, religion was not on my mind when I penned that. I was thinking more of Hawking's famous essay on quantum mechanics and black holes

http://www.hawking.org.uk/does-god-play-dice.html

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Those tuck scenarios are the opposite of when we have the deformation lined up well. Instead of being able to reasonably assume more than modeled QPF, the dry slot is typically way too wet. 

Yeah one of the 10 commandments of forecasting should be to never forecast more than a foot of snow when the 700 low goes west of you....unless it's the March '93 superstorm and you get 20" from the warm conveyor belt.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah one of the 10 commandments of forecasting should be to never forecast more than a foot of snow when the 700 low goes west of you....unless it's the March '93 superstorm and you get 20" from the warm conveyor belt.

Tru. But how far nw can that foot occur from the h7 low? Depends on multiple factors I know, but generally speaking, is there a commandment on it?

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'll allow the Superstorm to break a few rules.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Cold antecedent airmass. Likely starts out with temps in teens inland.

Yeah it's gonna be almost impossible for the interior to get wet snow in this storm with this airmass...I suppose if the sfc low goes nuclear over like NYC or LI sound, it could transition to a 31F paste before it rains/dryslots, but more likely, an amped up solution will be a cold powdery snow inland before it changes to a mid-20s sleet and a dryslot.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe if he clicks the spurs together twice on his cowboy boots in DFW, the lights will come back on while Logan is closed till Friday

While Cantore is broadcasting from his backyard he'll be telling people in the airport he lives there.

Archived