• Created
  • Last Reply

Even the NWS melted:

As of 324 PM EST Tuesday...What a waste. It`s late January,
we`ve got a strong Nor`Easter off the southern New England coast
and all we get out of it is ice, ice and more ice! Story of
winter 2016-2017 I guess, and it continues into tonights
forecast as well.

Nice band settling over Albany, light north winds started dropping temps, flakes started mixing in and then just like that temp crept back up to 35 and changed back to rain....and this was as precip rate picked up!  This winter and storm and valley SUCK!!!!!  Grass still not covered.  2 years since grass was covered.  Meltdown!!!!!!!  

1 minute ago, snowgeek said:

Nice band settling over Albany, light north winds started dropping temps, flakes started mixing in and then just like that temp crept back up to 35 and changed back to rain....and this was as precip rate picked up!  This winter and storm and valley SUCK!!!!!  Grass still not covered.  2 years since grass was covered.  Meltdown!!!!!!!  

It should eventually change back to snow.

Geezer it poured as hard as last night as I was leaving work picked up .33 in a hurry.  I see east Berks upslope magic starting.  I remember this kind of setup back in the 70s. I was in the Berks for a week,it sleeted like a Mofo all day, pock mocked face skiing  then frzrn for a couple hours then we picked up 8 inches in 3 hrs. The next day was one of the best skiing days of my life. Totally empty Berkshire Basin making new tracks through the woods every run.

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I noticed it on the regional obs plot...K8B0

Maybe it's commisioned now. The data has been out there for a couple of years now. Maine has a bunch of non-commisioned AWOS sites.

Brunswick, Fort Kent, Clayton Lake, Carrabassett, Farmington, Vinalhaven, Bethel, Rumford, Greenville, Norridgewock, Jackman, Belfast, Princeton, Machias, and Eastport. You can find them all on Mesowest.

Archived