Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor
Wow

Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Just now, MotoWeatherman said:

35 and cloudy here in Dahlonega.  Sitting near the 12z GFS jackpot for GA so we shall see...LOL

I was surprised at the low levels of the dew points waking up this morning around our area. It would appear at this very early onset the cold air is entrenched better than the models suggested.  

2 minutes ago, Thrasher Fan said:

I was surprised at the low levels of the dew points waking up this morning around our area. It would appear at this very early onset the cold air is entrenched better than the models suggested.  

A reinforcing front went through overnight so this is as expected.  So far everything on track.  :)

Just now, CentralNC said:

Is there a good link anywhere to surface obs?  This forum is great but would be nice to see something consolidated. Thanks.

I've always found Weather Underground to be the best for these type deals when looking for numbers (temps, dew points, etc)

As for radar returns you can't go wrong with RadarScope.

33 imby... I do not really think it's going to hit our predicted high of 38.  We might hit 35 or so, I'd guess.

Am starting to get cautiously hopeful that we'll get 4" (my minimum to cover the grass hahaha).  I pretty much believed this would all pass south of here until last night.  But newer clown maps have shifted and put us in the 4-7" range depending on model.  I suppose it could still just... cold rain. :)

Stores here got cleaned out last night. I went out for next week's groceries this morning and it was all hands on deck restocking empty shelves.  One employee pulled out her phone and showed me photos she took this morning of the produce section completely empty.  Completely.  :lol:

Good luck everyone, stay safe and I hope you get whatever you're wishing for!

temp has risen all morning but appears to have stopped at 42/29. Clouds have really thickened up and lowered over the last hour so hopefully that will put a cap on the warming for the day.

4 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Moved on up to 41/29 here. High was 41 but it looks like it got bumped to 42 now. Rain to our south it looks like on radar so at least we aren't wasting it. 

Heavy sleet in Helena, AL, (just South of B'ham)

I really think those of us north of Atlanta will be OK as long as the temps don't rise much above 36-37.......staying out of the low 40's is critical.....good to see these low dewpoints in the area as well.

- Buck

Starting to ice up here in Bham east (crestwood). Temp is 29 degrees. Moderate feezing rain with sleet. Hopefully will switch over soon. 

24 minutes ago, audioguy3107 said:

I really think those of us north of Atlanta will be OK as long as the temps don't rise much above 36-37.......staying out of the low 40's is critical.....good to see these low dewpoints in the area as well.

- Buck

Lol well I guess I'm screwed in dahlonega then because it's already 39

it doesn't look like a change over will occur here. It looks like the precipitation will end soon. The freezing rain line is expanding north. Edge is just northwest.