Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

1 hour ago, griteater said:

Using some estimates for temperatures for the rest of February, I estimate that this will be the 6th warmest Dec-Feb period on record in Charlotte, with data back to 1879.

gs5cmkX.gif

Related snow stats: of the top 30 warmest Dec-Feb periods in Charlotte, only 1 had double digit snowfall.  Of the top 30 coldest Dec-Feb periods in Charlotte, 13 had double digit snowfall.

I'm surprised it shows this winter being 1.6 degrees warmer than 2011-12 ! 

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

Speaking of bomb, just saw a 3.6" of QPF for Portland, ME! Even at 10:1, that's 36" of white gold! Sucks for them ! Guess I'll have to get my winter weather on live coverage on TWC!

Mack, just spoke to my buddy in brunswick me, I think it just north of Portland. They had 12 inches of snow just a few days and now possible 2 feet + with this storm and more on thursday of this week. A little over a week ago he was complaining there was hardly no snow and he may end up get close to 4 feet in a weeks time! He laughed when I told him I had to cut grass for the first time this week because the onions were getting too high....

22 minutes ago, NorthernUpstateSC said:

Mack, just spoke to my buddy in brunswick me, I think it just north of Portland. They had 12 inches of snow just a few days and now possible 2 feet + with this storm and more on thursday of this week. A little over a week ago he was complaining there was hardly no snow and he may end up get close to 4 feet in a weeks time! He laughed when I told him I had to cut grass for the first time this week because the onions were getting too high....

I told my wife we are moving to Maine. They have had a great wintet so far.

26 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Looks better than this Thursday sh!t! But it's 12+ days away, but it's something besides 70s I guess

That storm will be in Canada when D12 arrives.  And all those pretty blues and purples and whites will be greens and yellows and oranges.  Winter is over for the next two months.

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

26th storm = big snows

I have towel in hand, arm back ready to throw, But something just want let me until Mid-March? But the way it looks right now  It would be a absolute fluke to see any winter weather out of this pattern.............................................. 

"False Springs" never end well.  March 1890 is a perfect example.

winter1.jpg

But is this a Faults spring is the question? This beats all I've ever seen for February 12th. I'm sure there will be some freezes into April kill all the fruit trees!!! But I'm losing hope for seeing a snowflake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

But is this a Faults spring is the question? This beats all I've ever seen for February 12th. I'm sure there will be some freezes into April kill all the fruit trees!!! But I'm losing hope for seeing a snowflake.

A world of difference between today and 4 years ago. 2014 on this day and the next day one of the best storms ever. 

A world of difference between today and 4 years ago. 2014 on this day and the next day one of the best storms ever. 

Like I told someone a little while ago looks like we're going to have to live off of memories this winter!! #I absolutely can't believe this weather for February 12 and what the extended looks like.

Archived