joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point it doesn't even matter what the track is, temps are a huge problem either way imo. I'm not sure the exact reason really, but there's just no cold air for the SE. H5 doesn't look bad though, so again I'm not sure why but this next system doesn't even look close to a threat. Maybe it's just the overall models having a problem with the ssw....that's what I'm hoping.  Need a big shift in the models, maybe need that ridge back over Alaska and nw Canada. 

3 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I think the lack of Mets and other posters not on here, should scream volumes, in regards to this threat 

Yep...the latest CFS might not be warm enough.  Big AK lows, with +NAO's don't tend to promote alot of cold air and snow down here...

pig.jpg

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

I posted a couple of weeks ago joking that we had a chance to be as warm as last winter...well now it looks like we have a great chance to be warmer then last winter in the east.  If Feb can finish in that +3 to +4F range that will probably do it.

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 4.01.23 PM.png

it's been warm - until yesterday - just enjoying for now ... :guitar:

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

The Canadian weeklies from 1/26 are cold the entire first half of Feb, FWIW. If you don't know what they are, it's a 32-day, parallel 21-member ensemble run every Thursday. 

Why are we just hearing about them 3 days late, especially if they are cold!! How are they performing lately?

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

The Canadian weeklies from 1/26 are cold the entire first half of Feb, FWIW. If you don't know what they are, it's a 32-day, parallel 21-member ensemble run every Thursday. 

You know it's bad when Jon is throwin down the Canadian Weeklies for hope!  Almost getting time to roll out the last line of defense -- the DGEX Weeklies.

5 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

You know it's bad when Jon is throwin down the Canadian Weeklies for hope!  Almost getting time to roll out the last line of defense -- the DGEX Weeklies.

Ha. Just noticed a new model package on WxBell, my mistake. Not losing hope at all, btw. Plenty of ensemble support for fireworks sometime in the 6-12ish day, then again in the 10-15 day. Enjoy the ride, CR. 

5 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Only a hint at the beginning of precip of a little Ice. Time to stick a fork in this one I'm afraid.............. Next!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png

Yep, but it's just the appetizer for the 8-10th storm!!!! That's going to be a blockbuster.......

rainstorm ! :(

Archived