Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

According to you, but not JB! End of Feb, is gonna be brutal!

JB has turned into the Mr. Krabs of the weather world - it's all about the greenbacks (subscriptions) with him... Used to be a loyal follower on accu-weather and remember back in 2011 & 2012 how he was sounding the alarm of the upcoming winters of 2014 and beyond how cold it was going to get and how the cycles were about to change for years to come. If I was wrong as much as he has been over the past several years in my job I would have been unemployed years ago. "ALL HYPE" now unfortunately - he used to be one of the best......

1 minute ago, NorthernUpstateSC said:

JB has turned into the Mr. Krabs of the weather world - it's all about the greenbacks (subscriptions) with him... Used to be a loyal follower on accu-weather and remember back in 2011 & 2012 how he was sounding the alarm of the upcoming winters of 2014 and beyond how cold it was going to get and how the cycles were about to change for years to come. If I was wrong as much as he has been over the past several years in my job I would have been unemployed years ago. "ALL HYPE" now unfortunately - he used to be one of the best......

+1! Well said

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

+1! Well said

3 minutes ago, NorthernUpstateSC said:

I remember him printing all of that hype!

20 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Pack, quit trying to give us hope! This is a Sh!tfest, just like the rest of the winter

Looking at the past 6 runs of the GEFS the 50/50 is getting better but the pac side is a little shaky.   50/50 improvement must be why we are seeing more lows a little suppressed.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_fh168_trend.gif

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

NAVGEM is on our side! :)  well, sort of, atleast it's not a Fropa, temps are sketchy tho! And CMC was a cutter, like last night

NAVGEM looked good, it's always to warm with temps.

Euro Op day 5...trend has been for a stronger AK block with it not lifting out as quick and some scand. ridging trying to connect.  Now what the means day 7-8 we will see.

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_fh120_trend (1).gif

Archived