Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

25 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

The problem with this inference is that as spring approaches, the pattern becomes more likely to change.  We'll get into a favorable winter pattern at that time.  The result will be continuous wedging with many cloudy days with drizzle and temps in the 40s, while folks south and west of the Apps get severe storms.  That will break down in time for an exceptionally hot and humid summer.

I can't wait to have multiple days of highs 20-30 degrees above normal in JUne ,July, and August! By then we will be watching and waiting for the October Eurasian snowpack! That index is money, the last couple of winters! :(

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I can't wait to have multiple days of highs 20-30 degrees above normal in JUne ,July, and August! By then we will be watching and waiting for the October Eurasian snowpack! That index is money, the last couple of winters! :(

I've got a new index on my pay site that I'll be unveiling in the fall.  It's called the Magnetic Pole Shift SE Torch During Winter Forever index.  It's a sure fire lock.

3 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

I've got a new index on my pay site that I'll be unveiling in the fall.  It's called the Magnetic Pole Shift SE Torch During Winter Forever index.  It's a sure fire lock.

Fixed:

Magnetic Pole Shift SE Torch During Winter Forever Index - Beta

16 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Yeah, me too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Still JB still using March 1960 antalog?

I've looked at stories on that winter of 1959 and 1960 and Dec,and Jan were above normal temperatures. February started out somewhat mild before turning very cold. I wouldn't mind a little March 1960 return this year. 

1 hour ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Word on the street is making a comeback brutal March and early April. Lol. Seasons got crossed up somehow this yearemoji1335.png Santa Claus is coming in May!! emoji16.png

It was snowing here above 4000ft on may 5th last year. They even closed 441 in the park because of snow.

It was snowing here above 4000ft on may 5th last year. They even closed 441 in the park because of snow.

Yeah, if I lived in the mountains I certainly would give up on seeing another accumulating snow this year! I would say it's likely some of you see one. Down here whole different world though. I think they call it finished. Lol

More cheerful reading.  YOu can almost hear Steve Masterson rubbing his hands together in glee as he gloats about the warmth.

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/this-is-february-80f-in-denver-99-in-oklahoma-66-in-iceland-

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/SteveGregory/anothor-warmest-same-week-in-decades--jason-update

I was complaining about the 80 F temps on Sunday.  I think if it had hit 99 F I would have dropped dead.

3 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Nobody look at the 6z GFS !! It's close to glory on the 28th! Really, it's already trending S since the last day or two! A few tweaks and we may pull off a miracle, and it's inside day 15! :)

Plz Mack dont be trollin...lol. Wouldnt surprise me now that everything is blooming 

Well, here we are at mid February, my snow or go deadline for the season.  Looking at the end of February things look about as bad as can be.  So yeah, we're done.  Bring on the warmth. Of course things look to get colder right after the beginning of March but at that point I don't really care and I really doubt it would even be close to cold enough to snow anyway. 

So, given this winter I give it a D-.  The 2 inches of snow/sleet and 3 days of below freezing temps was pretty sweet.  That saves it from an F. But geez louise only one storm to track all winter and that was a huge disappointment.  That plus the +++++above normals in between was crazy.  Here's to hoping next years solar minimum combined with a weak Nino and a within reason QBO leads to a better winter next year.  Hopefully at that point we get some blocking.  

Archived