Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

Just now, Cold Rain said:

Bout to see Rogue One again.  Movie popcorn is the best.

For a split second there I thought you were talking about watching another model run - then it dawned on me that some folks actually have a life! Enjoy - it'll still be warm when you leave the theater!

Just now, pcbjr said:

For a split second there I thought you were talking about watching another model run - then it dawned on me that some folks actually have a life! Enjoy - it'll still be warm when you leave the theater!

Hahaha!  48 and rainy.  Just like most of our snowstorms.

10 minutes ago, gwlee7 said:

I am beginning to worry that my Easter break is in jeopardy.

I just woke from a nap and had this strange dream (why the hell I'm dreaming about this Board on New Years - or anytime for that matter - probably requires analysis) but anyway - the dream was that it was April 1st 2017 and I posted that it was snowing down here and we had 4" on the ground and it was 27º at Noon and it was no April 1st joke and that Pack was calling me out - and then I realized that the dream was a nightmare except it's not night ---- go figure.

15 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

I just woke from a nap and had this strange dream (why the hell I'm dreaming about this Board on New Years - or anytime for that matter - probably requires analysis) but anyway - the dream was that it was April 1st 2017 and I posted that it was snowing down here and we had 4" on the ground and it was 27º at Noon and it was no April 1st joke and that Pack was calling me out - and then I realized that the dream was a nightmare except it's not night ---- go figure.

My legit fear about snow (even though I like seeing it fall) is that making up snow days impacts my already planned and in many cases prepaid vacations. I have a trip planned for heading your way (Jville FL) where I am leaving on Easter Sunday. If we miss days of school due to snow, there is a possibility that I get screwed.  

2 minutes ago, gwlee7 said:

My legit fear about snow (even though I like seeing it fall) is that making up snow days impacts my already planned and in many cases prepaid vacations. I have a trip planned for heading your way (Jville FL) where I am leaving on Easter Sunday. If we miss days of school due to snow, there is a possibility that I get screwed.  

Not sure what you're planning in Jax (my hometown) - but there is absolutely fantastic seafood at Mayport (Singleton's being my favorite and well worth a night out) and on the Intracoastal (Barbara Jeans between A1A and US 1 near Ponte Vedra being my favorite inland and also worth it - true north FL food); also - great food in San Marco (more "urban" but really good).

Whatever you do - bring sun screen!

11 minutes ago, gwlee7 said:

Unlike a Florida vacation where you never score?

5 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

Not sure what you're planning in Jax (my hometown) - but there is absolutely fantastic seafood at Mayport (Singleton's being my favorite and well worth a night out) and on the Intracoastal (Barbara Jeans between A1A and US 1 near Ponte Vedra being my favorite inland and also worth it - true north FL food); also - great food in San Marco (more "urban" but really good).

Whatever you do - bring sun screen!

Come down that way every spring for a few days of golf and lessons. My friends that live there take to lots of good places to eat around the area. Poe's, Carmi's Pie House, North Beach Bistro are some we've been too. 

Just now, gwlee7 said:

Come down that way every spring for a few days of golf and lessons. My friends that live there take to lots of good places to eat around the area. Poe's, Carmi's Pie House, North Beach Bistro are some we've been too. 

Try those 2 places - you'll really enjoy - and the scenery is 10000% - true N FL food. Golf lessons? Ponte Vedra? You're not far from either (Mayport being the farther but a beautiful drive)

11 minutes ago, jburns said:

Unlike a Florida vacation where you never score?

The concern is having to stay here in NC and teach instead of being able to keep my plans in FL. Living in Archdale, you know they will close school around here (rightfully so because of buses) and we won't even see a flake.  If we miss school, i want it to be huge not just the possibility of an ice pellet or two falling. 

2 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

Try those 2 places - you'll really enjoy - and the scenery is 10000% - true N FL food. Golf lessons? Ponte Vedra? You're not far from either (Mayport being the farther but a beautiful drive)

Have stayed in Mayport before. Like the area as it is close to Atlantic Beach and still easy to head over into downtown.   Thanks for the tips. 

7 minutes ago, gwlee7 said:

The concern is having to stay here in NC and teach instead of being able to keep my plans in FL. Living in Archdale, you know they will close school around here (rightfully so because of buses) and we won't even see a flake.  If we miss school, i want it to be huge not just the possibility of an ice pellet or two falling. 

lol  Reread it. It was a joke. I did the public education thing for 34 years. Yeah, I know.

4 minutes ago, jburns said:

lol  Reread it. It was a joke. I did the public education thing for 34 years. Yeah, I know.

:)

ETA: it is appropriate that my 100th post is in the crazy room.  Haven't learned enough from you guys yet to post more than observations in any of the main discussions. Love this site btw. 

1 hour ago, gwlee7 said:

I recomend Clarks. Best seafood in Jax