Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 15-18 Arctic Front/Snow Thump/Meltdown to the Border

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeeeah, okay - if you say so. 

the 'music' of the forum isn't conveying that same melody, Ray -come on. it's not a difficult read when when you see a constant stream of 'this cold means business' type content, based on a present thermometer ob - there's no other reason to say things like that other than to believe it has some special resistance to warming.  

it may - look, i'm not doubting the agreement between the RGEM and NAM ..and the trend of the others.  i'm just saying 'in general' it's possible. and should it warm more in the end than presently believed or wanted, there's a dying hope folks won't get grousy about it. 

word

John,

I really wasn't trying to start with you.....just honestly of the opinion that most accept that warmth is making a return on Sunday.

I mean...the cold today did mean business.....it was severe.

But rest assured, it will be 50 in 36 hours.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know...I was just throwing that out there to keep in mind for those areas inland that were lighter.

Think I will be just North of the CF, going to be close. Of course a few miles in either direction will make a big difference.If it sets up over 128, I could be just a bit too far north to get into the heavier stuff.  I could be closer to the exhaust.

Just now, Dan said:

Think I will be just North of the CF, going to be close. Of course a few miles in either direction will make a big difference.If it sets up over 128, I could be just a bit too far north to get into the heavier stuff.  I could be closer to the exhaust.

Nah you're north of it. I would not sweat the exhaust.

Speaking of, NAM looks a bit colder.

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Lol!!!

Nice.....make for great pictures. 

Nice.  We stalled at 10.  Clouds encroaching,  ftw.  I don't like Ray 's exhaust comment.  I'm sticking get with the "highest amount" map from BOX showing my 8".  And I'm not talking about my avatar.   :)

Were now -10°F

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

not a fan of the kuchera weenie map on pivotal. I know ginx likes it but it seems off compared to qpf and sfc precip.

I was just wondering what sort of ratios we may see with this.  I know air temps are pretty cold that doesn't drive ratios.  Is 10:1 or higher a good starting point?  I'm thinking higher but we shall soon see.

Archived