Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 12th Storm Obs

dryslot

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Starting to get a bit better organized over SNE but the real stuff is racing NE in PA...however much of that stuff can rip into the area before about 11z, it will make the difference between maybe 2" and 4-5" for some areas in the interior between Ray in NE MA and ORH over to Berkshires.

Maybe 3" Ray and 4" up to Lawrence

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

FWIW, NCAR ensemble ticked colder with this run. Difference of 1-2" for parts of northern MA. Big difference around the PWM area too.

The rap has been ticking colder too. The biggest trend I see on guidance late this evening though for SNE is a better precip burst. It is looking more robust. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The rap has been ticking colder too. The biggest trend I see on guidance late this evening though for SNE is a better precip burst. It is looking more robust. 

Given that SW LLJ, we should really start to increase the mid level f-gen in the coming hours. You've been eyeing that 09z-12z window for a while now, and that looks like the money shot for the global models.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Given that SW LLJ, we should really start to increase the mid level f-gen in the coming hours. You've been eyeing that 09z-12z window for a while now, and that looks like the money shot for the global models.

I'm not shocked at the better trend since this was a huge WAA surge. I mentioned to Scott earlier that it's kind of hard to displace like 12-13C of mid-level temp in 12 hours in a saturated column and not have some consequences. 

Doesnt mean everyone will benefit but some of the posters here will. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm not shocked at the better trend since this was a huge WAA surge. I mentioned to Scott earlier that it's kind of hard to displace like 12-13C of mid-level temp in 12 hours in a saturated column and not have some consequences. 

Doesnt mean everyone will will benefit but some of the posters here will. 

HRRR seems to be keying on 10z or so for the best look overall for the region. Starts going sour from south to north in a hurry from there.

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Fun commute coming up.

We be at home. 

This first burst went nicely here. Well as I was hoping anyways. The lull now and then the meat. The lull was something I wanted to avoid in order to help slow warming a bit with the processes of lift and wetbulbing but alas. The meaty stuff seems to be going as planned with this area of lift I mentioned a couple of days ago. How the radar would probably blossom for a good 3-4 hr burst where the interior gets most of its snow.looks good for 90 north and inland for a solid few to several inches and maybe a 5+ spot in and up by NH border. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

We be at home. 

This first burst went nicely here. Well as I was hoping anyways. The lull now and then the meat. The lull was something I wanted to avoid in order to help slow warming a bit with the processes of lift and wetbulbing but alas. The meaty stuff seems to be going as planned with this area of lift I mentioned a couple of days ago. How the radar would probably blossom for a good 3-4 hr burst where the interior gets most of its snow.looks good for 90 north and inland for a solid few to several inches and maybe a 5+ spot in and up by NH border. 

We have our first midnight shift then get to drive home trying not to nod off in a snowstorm.

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Extremely light snow and maybe a half inch.  Arggh not what I was hoping to wake up to.  

lots of time.

The newest HRRR really begins the northward march of the changeover between 4:00 and 5:00.  It does appear to hold onto the cold a smidge longer than it had--at least in GC where the change if any might be shorter.  But in the big scheme of things no difference.

Great rate, but still smallish flakes.

Archived