Newest Member
    joxey
EPA/NJ/DE General Winter Discussions

ChescoWx

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, shemATC said:

Couple threats out there, let's not get our hopes up about 9 day snow yet.  That one could easily go poof as much as this one appeared.  Pattern does look good though, but I have a feeling it'll end up cutter city instead of snow.

Blocking will finally be kicking in unleash the snow dogs

On 1/26/2017 at 5:28 PM, snowwors2 said:

From what I'm reading, elsewhere, from some very respectable mets., Feb 5-10th timeframe represents some decent potential for a significant system to effect our region!!

Once again, lets face it, as crappy as this winter has been so far, February usually has plenty to offer and we need to trust the process!!!

From two weeks ago...he/they made a pretty good call!!

From two weeks ago...he/they made a pretty good call!!

Ironic part is back in early December I posted accuweather's long range forecast. Had no accum snow thru early January then 1-2 minor events early in January with the first major snow falling on, you guessed it, February 9. How did they manage to pull that one off??

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

This threat Wednesday night is old man winter/mother nature toying with a middle-aged man's emotions. They are aware of my bad back and waited until I scrapped the snowblower to send this heavy wet snow my way. Damn you winter weather Gods.......DAMN YOU!!!!

We are grateful for your sacrifice to the weather gods.  See if you can go rent one for the day, or break down and buy a new one for all the other snows we'll never get. 

47 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ironic part is back in early December I posted accuweather's long range forecast. Had no accum snow thru early January then 1-2 minor events early in January with the first major snow falling on, you guessed it, February 9. How did they manage to pull that one off??

Impressive!

10 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

This threat Wednesday night is old man winter/mother nature toying with a middle-aged man's emotions. They are aware of my bad back and waited until I scrapped the snowblower to send this heavy wet snow my way. Damn you winter weather Gods.......DAMN YOU!!!!

You took one for the board.... and mentioned part of the why just before you did it  If it pans out, there will be many posters here grateful for your sacrifice!  :lol:

10 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Did you really scrap your snowblower? I was thinking you were just talking about it for reverse psychology's sake.

8 hours ago, shemATC said:

We are grateful for your sacrifice to the weather gods.  See if you can go rent one for the day, or break down and buy a new one for all the other snows we'll never get. 

Just remembered.....my kids are getting old enough now that they can start shoveling. It's a wonderful thing!! Well worth the sacrifice if this pans out. I told you this would happen the second I dismantled the thing.

31 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

You took one for the board.... and mentioned part of the why just before you did it  If it pans out, there will be many posters here grateful for your sacrifice!  :lol:

27 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Did you really scrap your snowblower? I was thinking you were just talking about it for reverse psychology's sake.

It's gone.....molten metal at this point! 

5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Just remembered.....my kids are getting old enough now that they can start shoveling. It's a wonderful thing!! Well worth the sacrifice if this pans out. I told you this would happen the second I dismantled the thing.

Well thanks, as others have said. I was going to suggest a one time Wiggum snow pile, with pics. Gonna be some heavy shoveling though.

11 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Start a thread ;)

LOL!! The snow Gods are watching.....must downplay next week. I think the chap that started the current system thread is on the PA/MD border too.....he was progged for 8"+ for a while and yeah, well, you see how he is faring down that way. He was warned not to start the thread :-)

19 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Anyone see the 0Z Euro for next week? :-)

I saw the 50" Kuchera snow total through day 8 with 15" here

Small problem is today's 11 is verifying at probably 5 and it all it showed was 4" additional Kuchera snow next week. Bottom line it's great for New England lol

12 hours ago, The Iceman said:

really liking the 14-16th period for a storm. teleconnections all setting up very favorably on the ensembles. though knowing this winter we ll have all the ingredients and it'll be suppressed out to sea or something like that.

Agreed. -NAO, +PNA, 50/50 low, -EPO. Storm coming out of the gulf just have to make sure it isn't suppressed

this next threat in the 14-17th range looks to be the last one. pattern looks awful after that into March. may get a fluke event in March but if this threat doesn't materialize it's looking like winter may be over. good news is that it looks like it will be unseasonably warm though and not too wet. severe season may get an early start this year as well. I really think this year is going to be bad severe wise nation wide as the pattern doesn't look to be significantly changing so cutters in March and april start becoming big severe weather makers. that would make up for the bad winter for some board members such as myself. I love tracking severe as much as snow. last couple years have been awful on that front as well.

31 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

this next threat in the 14-17th range looks to be the last one. pattern looks awful after that into March. may get a fluke event in March but if this threat doesn't materialize it's looking like winter may be over. good news is that it looks like it will be unseasonably warm though and not too wet. severe season may get an early start this year as well. I really think this year is going to be bad severe wise nation wide as the pattern doesn't look to be significantly changing so cutters in March and april start becoming big severe weather makers. that would make up for the bad winter for some board members such as myself. I love tracking severe as much as snow. last couple years have been awful on that front as well.

The unseasonably warm part I don't like but severe weather is definitely cool and you don't have to track it 10 days out. It kinda just "pops up" many times...

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

It depends on location when you say winter will be over.

Archived