• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Winter!

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

KBUF's meso wrf did an outstanding job with this mornings Broom as well so we'll see how it does this afternoon.  Its forming in South Oswego county right around Brewerton where my old crib is at.  The orientation is weird though,  Could actually fool me and go due East as well.  LE isa something else!

Looks to me that the front end of the forming band with whip to the north a bit, into C. Oswego Co. for an hour or two, then settle south this afternoon to S. Oswego/N. Onondaga Cos.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto region radar showing great alignment of Huron connection aiming right at South shore and SE shore of Ontario. It is a great resource for knowing trajectory before US radars get a hold of the bands. The King turned me on years ago.

Should be some hvy stuff near Roc by 1-2pm. Hope to see some meso circulation this afternoon and evening. Pure LES doesn't like to hammer Monroe County, we need synoptic help- usually. 

Hope you don't get your heart broken Tim. Could go either way with this one. Blizzard warnings certainly set the bar waaaay too high. 

http://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Toronto region radar showing great alignment of Huron connection aiming right at South shore and SE shore of Ontario. It is a great resource for knowing trajectory before US radars get a hold of the bands. The King turned me on years ago.

Should be some hvy stuff near Roc by 1-2pm. Hope to see some meso circulation this afternoon and evening. Pure LES doesn't like to hammer Monroe County, we need synoptic help- usually. 

Hope you don't get your heart broken Tim. Could go either way with this one. Blizzard warnings certainly set the bar waaaay too high. 

http://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR

Dave,

Don't think ROC gets into the action until later this evening....once the circulation structure "connects" with Huron (and you'll know it when you see the radar!) over the next hour or so, then ALL the wind at the surface will be offshore, thus no chance for a shoreline convergence band to set up.... so the band will be 30-40 miles to your north over the lake...until it orients/shifts south later...

Archived