• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Winter!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished with 10.1" here, with most falling from 5-7:30pm . About 13-14" OTG. Awesome storm. If only I could have had a few more hours of that band but oh well. lol. Hopefully South Buffalo and the southtowns cash in now.

Nice! Just hanging onto the northern edge of the band and the rates are intense. 3+\hr right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 735 PM EST, a narrow but intense band of lake effect snow
producing snow fall rates of 2 to 3 inches per hour was slowly
shifting south across the heart of the Buffalo Metro area...far
southern Orleans County...and Genesee County. This band will
continue to slowly but steadily drift southward through mid
evening and will cross the Buffalo southtowns and Wyoming county...
eventually reaching Northern portions of Chautauqua and Cattaraugus
counties.

5 minutes ago, Revracer800 said:

Hahaha, 177 would be a nightmare drive right now. Been there done that before and never wanna do it again. 

Oh god that is one of several unforgiving stretches of rd up there... It was like 15 yrs ago we were 18 or 19 and I was riding with a buddy coming home from a day trip to B.C and not far out of town he lost it and we found a ditch... Couldnt get back up with the trailer hooked so we dropped the sleds and rode them out and dragged the trailer up by hand. Thankfully just an open 2 place but god that was rough. The LE wasnt suppose to start til the next day and 81 was a mess all the way to Central Sq.

37 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Finished with 10.1" here, with most falling from 5-7:30pm . About 13-14" OTG. Awesome storm. If only I could have had a few more hours of that band but oh well. lol. Hopefully South Buffalo and the southtowns cash in now.

That's probably a good call for here as well, but having a 1/2mile open field to my west Ive got bare spots and then 2ft..

56 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Great! There aren't any really totally unsheltered spots to measure here without walking several blocks to south campus, so I picked about five spots, and got between 7.5" and 8.5". So I'll give it an unofficial 8" in NE Buffalo between 4PM and 7:30PM - meaning we were probably getting stuff over 3" per hour at the peak. Not quite what was happening a bit further in, and I would love to see us get a longer residence, but it was good to get a taste of what we have been missing.

15 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Just got back from a solid chase.  The snowfall rates in that band are absurd.  I was in the tail and it was easily 3 inch and hour stuff.    I hope youre shooting video BuffaloWeather and everyone else!!  

I went chasing on the water this time. The winds/waves were insane, the cold was unbearable even for me. I got some great video though~!

Archived