• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Winter!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

It looks to me that its starting to drop South ever so slowly but it could just be my eyes playing tricks with me!

It is over the lake....but these bands always "hang up" over land....but eventually they have to get pushed south....it just gets "stretched" a bit, with a curve/kink in the band at the shoreline...

The Huron connection is essentially complete now....it's seeding with ice crystals, it's adding moisture to the vertical circulation structure, and it's presetting the circulation structure over Ontario, thus the eastern most portion of the band can now reorient itself with a slightly more northwesterly component....it'll settle about another 15 miles or so and then "hang out" for 2 or 3 hours in C. Oswego Co.

Alright. I'm in position in north Greece on the shore of Lake Ontario!  The band is incredibly deep and nearly black. The Inflow is ridiculous. I'm heading towards charlotte but prepared to abandon ship due south just ahead of that death band that is currently taking shape. Winds are gusting 50 with insane ground blizzards. 

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Alright. I'm in position in north Greece on the shore of Lake Ontario!  The band is incredibly deep and nearly black. The Inflow is ridiculous. I'm heading towards charlotte but prepared to abandon ship due south just ahead of that death band that is currently taking shape. Winds are gusting 50 with insane ground blizzards. 

Get some vid for rochester to represent. I am 10 miles from lake.

Archived